The number of students migrating to study in Canada from North Macedonia continues to increase every year even as the Canadian Government has made known its intention to welcome over One million new Canadian Skilled Migrants, including international students into Canada.
This opportunity might be one of the last mass migration programs in the World; it is therefore advisable to seize it now.
As of February 2019, Macedonia officially became the Republic of North Macedonia. The country is located in Southeast Europe. It gained independence in 1991 as one of the states from Yugoslavia.
North Macedonia is landlocked and bordered by the neighboring countries of Kosovo to the northwest, Serbia to the north, Bulgaria to the east, Greece to the south, and Albania to the west.
It remains largely a very beautiful country and one that many Macedonians will continue to call home even after immigrating to Canada.
This article in essence will enlighten you about how to study in Canada from Macedonia. And other relevant questions you may be having.
In this article
- Reasons People Study in Canada from North Macedonia
- Why Should you Study in Canada from North Macedonia?
- Why Canadian Academic Institutions and Post-Secondary Education is better for you
- Immigration Documents required to study in Canada from North Macedonia
- Study Permit Requirements for North Macedonians
- Earning capacity of North Macedonia students in Canada
- Work in Canada for North Macedonia Nationals
- Applying to Study in Canada from North Macedonia
- Canadian Experience Class
- Important steps to take before you leave North Macedonia to Canada
- Frequently Asked Questions
Reasons People Study in Canada from North Macedonia
Many reasons abound as to why people choose to study in Canada from Macedonia, some of which are:
- Creating a better future for self and families,
- Good work-life balance
- To further their studies or to escape the hustling and bustling life of the city.
Several individuals thinking of emigrating to study in Canada from North Macedonia usually have idea for a Permanent move.
Therefore, it is good news that Canadian Permanent Residency visa can be obtained through study programs. In addition to allowing holders:
- North Macedonians to live and work in Canada
- Come and go from Canada as they so please without the need for additional visas
- Access to medical health care
- Good Canadian education system for their Children
- Choice to own property in Canada and in North Macedonia
- Obtain Canadian citizenship
- Also keep North Macedonia citizenship if they want
Canada Wants skilled Immigrants from North Macedonia, hundreds of study programs are available and accessible to students from North Macedonia.
Similarly, many occupations are in demand in Canada across various skill levels that will welcome North Macedonia skilled student workers.
Why Should you Study in Canada from North Macedonia?
- There is a very high possibility of becoming a permanent resident after you graduate in Canada.
- When you study in Canada from North Macedonia you have the privilege of working alongside your study in a part-time job or full time during academic breaks and holidays.
- In addition, international work experience you get when you study in Canada from North Macedonia can propel your career to great heights.
- Furthermore, you are able to earn good money to financially support you during the course of your study.
Why Canadian Academic Institutions and Post-Secondary Education is better for you
- Only a few countries can offer you the level of world class education you will get in Canada at the type of financial cost Canada offers.
- Canadian higher institutions are highly ranked in the world and well recognized, therefore, you are guaranteed to get sound education.
- Canada offers you stress-free application processes for universities and immigration.
- You have access to a guaranteed pathway to permanent residency in Canada.
Immigration Documents required to study in Canada from North Macedonia
A study permit and a student visa are very important documents you must obtain to study in Canada from Macedonia, without these two documents you cannot study in Canada from North Macedonia.
Study Permit: A study permit is an official academic document granted to international students to study at any Designated Learning Institutions (DLI) in Canada.
Student Visa: The Canadian student visa is a travel document which grants international students permission to travel to Canada for study purpose.
Study Permit Requirements for North Macedonians
Requirements to apply for a Canadian Student Visa for North Macedonia students include the following:
- North Macedonia Passport
- Letter of Acceptance from your DLI.
- Evidence of sufficient Funds in Estonia
- Passport Photographs.
- Immigration Medical Examination (IME) certificate
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- Reason for Travel (study)
- Valid Credit Card
Other important requirements to apply for a Canadian Study Permit extension include the following:
Proof of Studentship
- Enrollment certificate and transcript from your Registrar’s Office
- Letter of Acceptance
- Transcripts from previous academic institution attended in Canada
- North Macedonia passport
- Your valid study permit
- Passport photograph
Health Examination Certificate
- International students including students from North Macedonia must provide a medical examination certificate to apply for a study permit extension in Canada.
Another very important requirement for student visa application is proof of funding. Therefore, you are to demonstrate that you can support yourself financially for the period of your study in Canada.
Approved documents accepted as proof of funding for student visa application
- Proof of payment for tuition and accommodation
- Scholarship funding proof
- Bank drafts
- Your statements of accounts for the last 4 months
- Canadian Bank account in your name
- Academic loan from a funding institution
- Financial support proof from an individual or organization
Earning capacity of North Macedonia students in Canada
Students who work part time or during holidays often earn quite much, there’s no limit to what they can be earned in Canada, nevertheless, there must be proof that the salary earned was within the hour limits placed on their visa.
That is part time; within the semester and full time; only during semester breaks. In the same vein, if you intend to work alongside your study, it is necessary that you begin your Jobs search before you arrive at Canada.
Average part-time earning rate for North Macedonia students in Canada is C$37,050/year or C$19/hour, entry level position begins at C$27,300/year. Meanwhile, experienced workers often earn approximately C$62,985/year. These compared with the global rates are good income for student workers.
Work in Canada for North Macedonia Nationals
A citizen of North Macedonia prospects for finding work in Canada is very high. It is a common knowledge that North Macedonians are very good, therefore can impact the Canadian economy greatly.
In addition, the education system in North Macedonia is quite popular, this implies that there are good chances of finding work in Canada for North Macedonia Citizens.
Popular work in Canada for North Macedonia is often in managerial and professional jobs, thereafter skilled trades. North Macedonia nationals in the medical professions are likewise in high demand across the Canadian Provinces.
Applying to Study in Canada from North Macedonia
These steps are very necessary to kick-start your application to study in Canada from North Macedonia. They include the following:
- Fill your application very carefully; as incomplete and inappropriately filled forms won’t count.
- Likewise, test scores and documents are to reach the institution before the deadline.
- You should start your application at least one year before the start of the academic year you want to begin.
- You can get the instructions for applications and other requirements directly from your institutions international student office, or their website.
- Admitting international students to Canadian universities require the TOEFL (Test of English as a Second Language). Thus, this must be provided.
- Nevertheless, North Macedonia students don’t require IELTS to obtain a study permit in Canada. Although, since North Macedonians are non-native English speakers, they must submit proof of English language proficiency.
Deadlines for application varies and it is often 5-8 months for Canadian universities.
Canadian Experience Class
One of the most importance reasons why international students choose to study in Canada from North Macedonia is the Canadian Experience Class program. North Macedonian students who qualify for the CEC program gets a direct pathway to Permanent Residency in Canada.
The Canadian Government supports that North Macedonia students studying in the Canadian Education System for quite some years, and who have lived and worked in Canada, are excellent candidates for permanent residency and Canadian citizenship.
Important steps to take before you leave North Macedonia to Canada
- You must learn through guide books to prepare you for university life in Canada.
- Understand and know your visa type . Visit the Canadian Embassy’s website or the Canada immigration website to learn about this.
- Two student visa types are available to study in Canada from North Macedonia, these are:
- The SW-1 Visa: for students who have mandatory work, internship or co-op program in addition to their study program.
- The S-1 Visa: for other categories of students in standard academic programs, who are with or without work, internship or co-op as part of their course of study. This is the visa type for most students who want to study in Canada from North Macedonia.
- The orientation program organized for international students before the start of the semester is a good place to become more familiar with the university, the local community, and with your fellow students, make sure to attend.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need biometrics for a Canada student visa application?
Fingerprints and photograph also known as “Biometrics” must be provided when applying for a Canadian visitor visa, work or study permit or permanent residence in Canada. These are necessary for identification by immigration.
For how long will the biometric data be valid?
For North Macedonians, your Biometric data is valid for 15 months. Therefore, you must attend several biometrics appointments for your visa extensions, upgrading or permanent residency over the course of your stay in Canada.