No matter your current level of education, you can apply into a program of study in Canada from Palau.
Eventhough it is quite easy to apply for admission to Canada right from anywhere, this article will put you through various steps involved in the way.
Moreover, you will be opportune to know the eligibility criteria and requirements to apply for a program of study’s admission, student loan, study permit, amongst others.
Additionally, you will gain information on the cost of studying in Canada from Palau, popular Canadian provinces, and other questions you have been intending to ask.
In this article
- Why Study in Canada from Palau?
- Popular Canadian Provinces for Palauan Students
- Types of Programs Palauan Students can Study in Canada
- Cost of Studying in Canada from Palau
- Minimum personal support amount in Canada
- Who can sponsor Palauan students to Canada
- Study loan for Palauan students in Canada
- Other important costs
- Scholarship for Palauan Students in Canada
- General eligibility criterion for scholarships
- How to apply for scholarship to study in Canada from Palau
- Fully funded vs. partially funded scholarships in Canada
- How to Apply for Admission in Canada from Palau
- Minimum academic requirements
- English/French language requirements
- Other requirements
- Steps to apply for admission from Palau
- Self application vs. use of consultants/representatives
- Applying for Canada Study Visa from Palau
- Study permit Canada requirements for Palauan students
- Study permit Canada fees for application
- Study permit Canada document checklist
- Study permit Canada processing time
- Paper vs. online application
Why Study in Canada from Palau?
Obviously, you will realize many benefits for choosing Canada as your country of study.
Some of these benefits include;
- Low-priced tuition fee
- Access to study loans and student financial aids, including scholarships
- Opportunity to work on/off campus on a part-time or full-time basis without a Canadian work permit
- Availability of numerous job offers across different disciplines
- Living with friendly and welcoming communities consisting of Canada’s citizens, permanent residents, as well as Palauans who are now Canadians
Popular Canadian Provinces for Palauan Students
Of course, there are many Palauan students in the following Canadian provinces.
- New Brunswick
- Prince Edward Island
Types of Programs Palauan Students can Study in Canada
Undeniably, as there are various types of academic programs in Canada, the table below illustrates a variety of information for you.
|Academic programs types||Examples of programs||Required certificate to apply||Study duration||Obtained degree certificate|
|Undergraduate programs||BA, B.Sc, B.Eng, B.Arch., BSCE, BCL, BSBS, etc||Palauan Secondary School Certificate||3 to 4 years||Bachelor degree certificate|
|Diploma programs||Undergraduate diploma/Graduate diploma programs||Palauan Secondary School Certificate/Bachelor degree certificate||1/2 years||Diploma certificate|
|Masters||MA, MSc, LLM, MPhil, MRes, MMus, MPA, MLS, MSt, MSW, etc||Bachelor degree certificate||2 years||Masters degree certificate|
|MBA||–||Bachelor degree certificate||Minimum of 2 years||MBA degree certificate|
|Doctorate/PhD degree programs||–||Masters degree certificate||Not less than 3 years||PhD degree certificate|
Cost of Studying in Canada from Palau
Without doubts, Palauan students need to know the average tuition fee for international students in Canada in order to set a right budget.
Therefore, the cost of studying in Canada from Palau varies upon your academic program and educational institution.
As an undergraduate Palauan student, keep in mind that the average tuition for most undergraduate degree programs in Canada ranges from CAD $14,000 to CAD $20,000.
If you have already completed an undergraduate program in Palau, you can come to Canada for your graduate degree studies.
Certainly, these degree programs include Masters, MBA and Doctorate/PhD degree programs.
Per academic year, they cost an average of CAD $9,000 to CAD $21,000, CAD $13,500 to CAD $31,000, as well as CAD $8,000 to CAD $16,000 respectively.
Minimum personal support amount in Canada
Regardless of how high your tuition fee is, you need to keep a separate fund not less than CAD $10,000 as required by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Thus, this money serves as your living expenses when you arrive to study in Canada from Palau.
Who can sponsor Palauan students to Canada
Undoubtedly, your father or mother (parents), guardian, family member or close relative, spouse, common-law partner, as well as employer can sponsor your post-secondary education to Canada from Palau.
Study loan for Palauan students in Canada
Indeed, study loans are available to Palauan students who are undertaking post-secondary studies in Canada.
Moreover, these study loans does not only have easy criterion but also offers low and fixed interest rates, among other advantages.
In addition, you may not need a cosigner to apply for international student loans in Canada.
Examples of these study loans in Canada include;
- ScotiaLine® Personal Line of Credit for Students
- Royal Credit Line for Students
- MPOWER Financing
Other important costs
- Flight fee from Roman Tmetuchi International Airport, Airai, Palau to Toronto, Canada: CAD $950
- Accommodation (2/room): CAD $1,500 to CAD $2,000
- Student services fees: CAD $400
- Health insurance coverage: CAD $350
- Books and supplies: CAD $600
Scholarship for Palauan Students in Canada
Without doubts, this segment will enable you to gain comprehensive knowledge about scholarships for international students who came to study in Canada from Palau.
General eligibility criterion for scholarships
Of course, most scholarships in Canada require you to attain an entrance average not below 70%.
Besides, some scholarships in Canada may require you to demonstrate active participation in extracurricular activities, including community development services, volunteering, etc.
How to apply for scholarship to study in Canada from Palau
Generally speaking, the following steps can help you in successfully applying for a scholarship to study in Canada from Palau.
- Check for scholarship’s eligibility criterion.
- Apply online for scholarship based on specific instructions provided by the scholarship committee.
- Await decision.
Fully funded vs. partially funded scholarships in Canada
Indeed, fully funded scholarships provides you with all the money required to enrolled for an academic program in Canada while partially funded scholarships covers particular expenses and not everything.
How to Apply for Admission in Canada from Palau
Of course, applying for admission to study in Canada from Palau involves few easy processes.
Furthermore, you can start and complete these processes online inasmuch as you are able to meet the minimum academic and language requirements.
Minimum academic requirements
Certainly, you need to make provision of the Canadian post-secondary institution’s academic requirements before applying for admission.
If you intend to apply for an undergraduate program of study in Canada from Palau, it is required that you have completed secondary school. You also need to accomplish an entrance average of at least 70%.
Additionally, you need to have graduated from an undergraduate degree program in order to be eligible to apply for graduate programs in Canada.
English/French language requirements
Below are IRCC-approved English and French language proficiency tests that are useable to apply for study in Canada from Palau.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Duolingo English Test (DET)
- Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) assessment
- Test d’Evaluation de Français Canada (TEF Canada)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE)
- Test de Connaissance du Français Canada (TCF Canada)
- Certainly, you are required to prepare a “Statement of Purpose (SOP)” that briefly narrates your aim to apply for study in Canada from Palau.
- In addition, you may need to procure a “reference letter” from persons like teacher or coach in order to describe your attitudes and qualifications.
Steps to apply for admission from Palau
Generally speaking, you can apply for admission to study in Canada from Palau on your own using an internet-enabled laptop or desktop, valid debit card, as well as a printer (optional).
Hence, the following steps can truly assist you in applying for admission in Canada from the Republic of Palau.
- Firstly, you need to confirm if your preferred Canadian college or university offers your choice of program.
- Secondly, inquire into the college or university’s general and program-specific admission requirements.
- Thirdly, check for other important information such as tuition fee, international student services, etc. These enable you to know your budget, as well as your expectations for studying in the institution.
- Fourthly, apply online and submit required documents. You also need to pay your admission application fee at this time.
- Fifthly, allow the college or university to decide on your application.
- Sixthly, start application for Canada’s study permit if the educational institution has sent you an acceptance letter.
- All things considered, you can now depart for Canada along with all your original documents and credentials.
Self application vs. use of consultants/representatives
Indeed, you can involve a representative in order to take your stead while applying for admission into a program of study in Canada from Palau.
This is possible through use of a representation form, and is a great option because a professional would most likely represent you.
Of course, your application will be handled with expertise rather than applying by yourself.
Moreover, immigration lawyers and educational consultants are not only the persons allowed to represent you but also your family member, friend, etc.Study in Canada from Lebanon
Applying for Canada Study Visa from Palau
As a novice, you could be wondering how difficult it is to apply for Canada’s study visa right from the republic of Palau.
For this reason, we want to clear your doubts with made easy information that are resourceful in getting a Canadian study permit as a Palauan student.
Study permit Canada requirements for Palauan students
Undoubtedly, Palauan students are obligated to meet some requirements before considered eligible to apply for Canada’s study permit.
With this in mind, you need to fulfill the following requirements.
- Firstly, it is important that you are not less than 18 years old or above 35 years old.
- Secondly, you must have received a Letter of Acceptance (LOA) from any of Canada’s government-approved colleges or universities, that is, Designated Learning Institutions.
Moreover, typically all colleges and universities in Canada have the approval of the provincial and territorial government, which makes them DLIs.
- Thirdly, you need to avail a proof of fund document such as your tuition evidence of payment, bank statement, student loan/scholarship document, bank draft (CAD $), Guaranteed Investment Certificate, etc.
- Fourthly, you are required to take a medical examination with a panel physician approved by the Government of Canada.
- Fifthly, you need to get a police clearance certificate to show your past criminal records.
- Lastly, you are required to book a round-trip flight ticket to Canada as it assures the visa officer that you will exit Canada upon your study permit’s expiry.
Study permit Canada fees for application
Of course, Canada’s study permit requires you to pay $150 Canadian Dollars as its application fee.
Study permit Canada document checklist
As a Palauan student who is applying for visa to study in Canada from Palau, keep in mind that IRCC requests for the following documents to be included in your study permit application.
- Palauan passport
- Two (2) passport photographs (You also need to write your full name and date of birth at the back of the photos.
- Letter of Acceptance (LOA)
- Statement of Purpose (SOP), Letter of Explanation (LOE) or Letter of Intent (LOI)
- Result of any IRCC-approved English or French proficiency test
- Immigration Medical Examination (IME) report
- Police clearance certificate
- Letter of recommendation or reference letter
- Proof of fund
- Round-trip flight ticket to land in Canada from Roman Tmetuchi International Airport, Airai, Palau
- Certificat d’Acceptation du Quebec – CAQ (needed to study in the province of Quebec)
Note: The above documents needs to be valid and are obtainable only from their authorized bodies.
Study permit Canada processing time
Indeed, you can apply for Canada’s study permit in Palau. Besides, you need to be patient as study permit processing time for Palauan students typically takes up to 14 weeks.
Paper vs. online application
Since Canada does not have a visa application office in Palau, you have to apply for your study permit online without thinking to try paper application.
What is best time to apply for study in Canada from Palau?
Between January to September
Do I need IELTS or TOEFL to study in Canada from Palau?
Indeed, you can use any of the two proofs of language proficiency tests to meet the language requirements of academic admission, as well as for Canada’s study permit.