It is a beautiful experience to study in Canada from Paraguay. Over 15,000 Paraguayans come from Asunción, the city, and capital of Paraguay, and big cities in Paraguay like Ciudad del Este, Lorenzo, and Luque to study in Canada every year.
Canada being one of the world’s favorite student destinations attracts international students mostly those in South America like Paraguayan. This is because Canada has much to boast of in terms of students center education and development.
Hence, making Students from across the world like Paraguay flock into Canada’s reputed universities to pursue courses in every discipline. Moreover, Strong infrastructure, cutting-edge curriculum, and sprawling campuses are the hallmarks of Canadian institutions which Paraguayans come to explore in Canada.
Therefore, to study in Canada from Paraguay forms the basic foundation for new life experience for Paraguayans who seek and come to study in Canada. Adding to this are great opportunities like working in Canada while studying and the chance of being a permanent citizen in Canada
Table of Contents
- Why Study In Canada?
- Advantages of studying in Canada From Paraguay
- Studying in Canada vs Paraguay Comparison
- Popular Canadian Provinces for Paraguay Students
- Types of Programs Paraguay Students can Study in Canada
- Cost of Studying in Canada from Paraguay
- How to Apply for Admission in Canada from Paraguay
- What is a study permit?
Why Study In Canada?
Paraguayans do not see coming to study in Canada as an accident or least of options for them. Rather, even before most Paraguayans finish up their high school in Paraguay, they have started warming up and making necessary preparations to study in Canada for their post-secondary education.
Thus, one may wonder why is this so and the reasons are as follows:
Conducive study environment
Canada offers Paraguayan a study environment that is best and conducive. This is against the kind of environment that is given to them in their home country.
A good study conducive environment exists in Canada because the government of Canada values education and invests much in their educational system.
As a result, they do not play with the educational outcomes of both citizens and international students. With regards to this, the Canadian government makes sure that the education environment in Canada is safe and conducive for any student studying in Canada for a better learning outcome, so as to be useful in society.
Due to too much attention and Investment put into education in Canada, they see that quality education is given to any student that studies in Canada, both international students like Paraguayan. This is why Canada is one of the best places to study from Paraguay.
Provision of world-class education
Moreover, the country attracts thousands of students each year from Paraguay and other countries of the world because they provide a world-class education that is recognized globally.
Innovative and Abundant Research Opportunities
Research is one of the key components of a graduate student in Canada. The universities in Canada support students who come out with the best research ideas and many scholarships are given to students for their research works hence attracting Paraguayan to study in Canada.
To study in Canada from Paraguay is relatively low and affordable compared to other big countries with big universities in the world like the US and UK.
This is why Paraguayans consider it wise to come to Canada and study in order to benefit from low and affordable education that is of high quality and standard.
Education is the easiest way to make immigration possible to Canada.
So, for Paraguayans to migrate from their country to Canada they find it possible when going in order to settle for studies.
Therefore making immigration possible for a paragon who dreams and wants to study in Canada from Paraguay.
Advantages of studying in Canada From Paraguay
Paraguayans do not just come to study in Canada for study purposes only. They also come to explore many benefits and advantages that are open and available for international students who come to study in Canada. Those advantages are
- Vibrant campus atmosphere
- International students have the option to work while studying in Canada.
- Good internship opportunities
- Memorable Student life in Canada
- Student Safety Canada can be called one of the world’s safest country
- Stay back and Work permit after study in Canada for international students
- Job opportunities in Canada
- Offer qualifications that is valued around the world
- Affordable education
- Students scholarship
- Financial support for education
- Expose students to a multicultural experience
- Universities in Canada deliver top-class education
- Affordable education
- Innovative and Abundant Research Opportunities
- Immigration Possibilities
- Exciting Campus Lifestyle
- Healthy and Safe Communities
Studying in Canada vs Paraguay Comparison
Lots of Paraguayans may be wondering why all roads lead to Canada for quality education. They may be trying to compare whether studying in Canada is a better option than remaining in their homeland. While no place can be like home.
Yet, there are quite a number of areas where studying in Canada is far better and advantageous than studying in Paraguay.
State of economy
Education in Canada and Paraguay can be compared by looking at the state of the economy. For example, Paraguay is a rich country with a high poverty level.
These poor people can hardly access better and quality education, the average standard of living whereas, in Canada, good living and quality education are equal to all people in Canada both national and international students studying in Canada. This is why Canada is better to stay and study than Paraguay.
Investment in education
Canada invests a good percentage of its GDP to education thereby making education in Canada and all educational related matters in Canada highly rated.
On the other hand, the Paraguay educational system receives less investment because of corruption and low value to education. Hence making studying in Canada from Paraguay a better option than studying in Paraguay.
Teacher to student ratio
Students are more populated in Paraguay schools than in Canadian institutions. Many schools in Canada work with a relatively low student-to-teacher ratio that makes equipping students most engaging and effective for a better learning outcome.
Working while studying in Canada
The Canadian educational system offers Paraguayans the opportunity to work while studying. This kind of Opportunity is hard to get why you study in Paraguay. So this is why studying in Canada from Paraguay is better compared to studying in Paraguay.
There are many scholarship opportunities in Canada for Paraguayans who come to study in Canada. Whereas this opportunity is rare to get in Paraguay. Hence making it better to study in Canada from Paraguay than in staying back in Paraguay.Study in Canada from Hungary
Popular Canadian Provinces for Paraguay Students
A great number of Paraguayans who come to study in Canada from Paraguay have some preferred provinces where they choose to settle for their studies. The list of those provinces are
- Nova Scotia
- British Columbia
- Prince Edward Island
Types of Programs Paraguay Students can Study in Canada
Paraguay who comes to study in Canada comes to do one educational program or the other. The list of programs they come to do are.
- Undergraduate program
- Diploma program
- Masters program
- MBA program
- Ph.D. program
Undergraduate programs are for Paraguayan students who have graduated from secondary school. This program gives the opportunity to enroll in different bachelor’s degree courses like engineering, marketing, medicine, international relations, and others.
This program is done when you have finished your undergraduate program. Diploma program can be for a student to switch from one course to another, or to get requirements to move into your course of studies as may be required by the school of your choice or the cause of your choice.
Canada offers quality Master’s degree programs to international students every year. Interestingly, students from Paraguay can get Msc or Ma in any field of study in Canada as they engage in further research in the course of study.
Masters in business administration is a professional course Paraguayan students can enroll in Canada. You will do an MBA program for two years, after which you can work in Canada or return to Paraguay depending on the kind of visa you have.
Ph.D. is a Doctorate degree program that makes one a doctor of philosophy in the field of study. It can take a minimum of two years to get to Canada. Ph.D. is the highest educational qualification you can attain. Normally, students enroll in Ph.D. programs after obtaining a Master’s degree.Study in Canada from Honduras
Cost of Studying in Canada from Paraguay
For you to study in Canada from Paraguay you have to make some expenses or incur some costs like tuition fees, living costs, and other costs.
Your expenditure on tuition fees depends on the type of program and institution you choose to do. To cover this, you will need approximately between CAD 13,000 and CAD 35,000 a year.
Though, courses in some areas like humanities, arts are cheaper than courses in fields like medicine and engineering mostly at a postgraduate level. MBA programs are often expensive. But the average cost for these programs ranges between CAD 30,000-42,000
Study program and their average cost.
- Undergraduate program – CA$13,000 to $20,000
- Postgraduate master’s degree – CA$17,000 to $25,000
- Doctoral degree – CA$7,000 to $15,000
- MBA – CA$30,000 to $40,000
Accommodation may range anywhere from CAD 8,000 to CAD 10,000 per year. Whereas living in a shared apartment can cost you around CAD 400 to CAD 700 per month depending on your location, city, and time of the year.
Generally average tuition fee for international students
According to Statistics Canada, the average international undergraduate tuition cost is now $33,623, following a 7.1% increase in the 2020/21 academic year.
Minimum personal support amount in Canada.
For you to study in Canada from Paraguay, you need to have a minimum personal support amount which is also called proof of fund and this amount is CA$10,000
Who can sponsor Paraguayan students to Canada?
Any of these bodies can sponsor your program in Canada.
- Your family
- Your friends
- Common-law partner
- Canadian citizen
- Scholarship organization.
How to Apply for Admission in Canada from Paraguay
To apply for admission to study in Canada from Paraguay, you need to go for a study permit first as you process your student visa
Minimum Academic Requirements for Paraguayans
The following are the basic requirements to seek admission in Canada from Paraguay.
- For Undergraduate or Bachelor’s degree, Diploma Certificate courses
70% in 12th grade
TOEFL : PBT: 580-600 min. Depends upon course
CBT: 237-250 min. depends upon course
12th grade level Maths
IELTS score : 6 / 6.5 overall – As per the course and institution requirement
TOEFL : PBT: 550 min. CBT: 213 min.
- For Postgraduate,Masters courses: 2-3 years full time work experience
GMAT : 580-600 min.
IELTS score: 6.5 overall with no bands less than 6 / As per the course and institution requirement
TOEFL : PBT: 580-600 min. Depends upon course
CBT: 237-250 min. Depends upon course
4 yr Bachelors degree, 70% aver.
Some institutions may require written samples/copies of published work/Portfolio
English/French Language Requirements.
Every international student must prove proficiency in English or French before you study in Canada.
Therefore, you will write any of the following:
- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam
- A Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP) exam
- Test d’Evaluation Français (TEF) exam, or
- Test de connaissance du français pour le Canada (TCF Canada).
- Some institutions also accept the Cambridge English: Advanced or TOEFL exam score.
Minimum score for conditional admission with enrolment in the English Intensive Program
- TOEFL Internet-based
Overall score of 60 and writing score of 200 or Overall score of 70 and writing score of 16
- IELTS – Overall score of 4.5 and writing score of 5 or Overall score of 5 and writing score of 4.5
Other Requirements for Canada study visa
You will generally need the following for your CANADA Student Visa application:
- Valid Passport
- Attested copies of 10th, 12th and Degree certificates
- Academic references – 2
- Employer references – 2 for postgraduate programs
- SOP (Statement of Purpose)
- Certificates of extracurricular achievements
- An acceptance letter from your education institution
- Proof of payment
- Proof of financial funds
- Passport size photographs
- Study Permit and visa fee
- English Proficiency
- Your University will make you aware of additional requirements if any prior to your application
Steps To Apply For Admission in Canada from Paraguay
Go for your study permit
Generally, you must apply for a study permit before you come to Canada. Some people can apply for a study permit from within Canada. In some cases, you can apply when you arrive in Canada at the port of entry.
What is a study permit?
A study permit is a document of the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) issue that allows foreign nationals to study at designated learning institutions (DLIs) in Canada. Most foreign nationals need a study permit to study in Canada. Make sure you have all the documents you need before you apply.
Study permit validity length
A study permit is usually valid for the length of your study program, plus an extra 90 days or 1 year depending on the condition of your program admission. The 90 days let you prepare to leave Canada or apply to extend your stay.
Canadian Study Permit Fees
As an applicant from Paraguay, you will have to pay CAD150 as your visa fee.
Study Permit Canada Document checklist
To apply for your study permit, you will need:
- An acceptance letter from your education institution, and
- A valid passport or travel document
- Proof that you can support yourself or any family members who might accompany you, while you’re in Canada
- Prove that you have enough money to pay for your: tuition fees, living expenses for yourself and return fee
- Be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada you may have to provide a police certificate
- Be in good health (you may need a complete medical report.
- Bank statements
- A bank draft in convertible currency
- Proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees
- A letter for the person or institution providing your funding
- Proof of funding paid from within Canada if you have a scholarship or are enrolled in a Canadian-funded educational program
Study Permit Canada Processing time
This is the time it takes to send an application between a visa application center (VAC) and IRCC and the time you need to give your biometrics.
So, your processing time starts the day VAC receives your complete application and ends when IRCC makes a decision. It may vary depending on how many applications they process. You can start at least three months earlier.
Paper Vs Online Application
You’ll have to apply for your student visa application online using the CIC official website. You can apply up to three months before your intended date of travel to Canada. Remember, your application date is the date when your application fee is paid.Study in Canada from Nicaraguans
Study Visa Application Offices in Paraguay
- Asunción – Consulate of Canada
Street AddressEdificio City Center, Avenida Mariscal Francisco Solano López 3794 (Cruz del Chaco entrance), 5th floor, Asunción, ParaguayTelephone(+54 11) 4808-1000 / 595 981 403-778Fax595 (21) [email protected] of Canada to [email protected]
Buenos Aires – Embassy of Canada
Street AddressTagle 2828, C1425EEH Buenos Aires, ArgentinaTelephone54 (11) 4808-1000Fax54 (11) [email protected]gc.caServicesPassport Services
- The Embassy of Canada in Buenos Aires is accredited with the Government of Paraguay and has an Honorary Consulate in Asunción, Paraguay.
Edificio Citicenter, Avenida Mariscal Francisco Solano López 3794 (Cruz del Chaco entrance), 5th floor, Asunción
- Tel.: (595-21) 227-207
Fax: (595-21) 227-208
Email: [email protected]
Hours of Operation:
Monday to Thursday: 08:00 – 16:00
Friday: 08:00 – 12:00
How to Check Study Permit Application Status
You can check your status in your account by following these steps:
Sign in to your account.
Under “View my submitted applications or profiles” click on “Check status and messages
In conclusion, the choice to study in Canada is what a Paraguay can live to appreciate and be happy for without regret. That is why it is always good to consider Canada when making plans to study abroad.
Who is the Canada Visa Application Centre contractor in Paraguay?
- TT Services is the private company authorized by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada to operate the Canada Visa Application Centre in Paraguay. The CANADA VISA APPLICATION CENTRE is operated by VFS Global on behalf of TT Visa Services Ltd (hereinafter TT Services).
What is a study permit?
- A study permit is a document of the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) issue that allows foreign nationals to study at designated learning institutions (DLIs) in Canada. Most foreign nationals need a study permit to study in Canada.
Do I need IELTS or TOEFL to study in Canada from Paraguay
Can Paraguay students work in Canada while studying?
- Yes, it depends on the type of student visa you have.
Is Canada the best country for Paraguay students?
- Yes, of course.