Many students want to study in Canada from Seychelles because Canada is one of the best countries to live in. And the fact that you can easily get a work or resident visa after your study makes it incredibly appealing.
You can start a good life in Canada if you manage to study in the country by getting a study visa.
In this brief article, you will find out the:
- Top reasons to study in Canada from Seychelles,
- Most popular Canadian provinces for Seychelles students,
- What kind of programs to study in Canada from Seychelles,
- How much funding you’ll need and where to get it,
- Scholarships you can enjoy in Canada as a Seychelles citizen,
- Exactly how to apply to any Canadian school from Seychelles, and
- Required steps to get your Canadian study visa.
In this article
- Top Reasons to Study in Canada from Seychelles
- Most Popular Canadian Provinces for Seychelles Students
- What kind of Programs to Study in Canada from Seychelles
- How much funding you will need and where to get it?
- Tuition fee for International Students in Canada
- Your personal yearly study stipend
- Sponsors for your education in Canada
- Other costs to know if you want to study in Canada from Seychelles
- Scholarships you can enjoy in Canada as a Seychelles Citizen
- Scholarship Eligibility for Seychelles Students in Canada
- Organizations that offer scholarships to students that want to study in Canada from Seychelles
- All you need to know About Applying for Admissions from Seychelles
- Academic requirements
- Language requirements
- Other requirements
- How to Apply to Any Canadian School from Seychelles
- Step #1
- Step #2
- Step #3
- Step #4
- Step #5
- Step #6
Top Reasons to Study in Canada from Seychelles
You will enjoy studying in Canada. The quality of education in the country is almost great. And the sweetest thing is how it’s almost cheap to study in Canada. Especially when you think about the quality of education you receive.
Here are other reasons why Seychelles students love to study in Canada:
- It’s not too costly: Compared to schools in the US or UK, the fees you pay in Canadian schools are not too high. And you’ll get an equal or even better education than students in the US! Plus, you can easily bag a Scholarship and study for free.
- World-class training: In Canada, you’ll quickly gain experience in your field of study. Canada is filled with so many companies. You can easily choose which company to intern with.
- Employment after school: Almost all Canadian provinces are fully developed. This means that there are lots of companies and schools that are looking to hire brilliant graduates like you. That way you get to enjoy a high standard of living and increase your chance of landing a PR or Canadian citizenship.
- Zero racism in Canada: Canada is a multi-racial country. It contains people from almost every country in the world. This is why Canadian residents are one of the most welcoming people you’ll find. And they’re even more friendly to foreigners, especially students from far away countries like Seychelles. You’ll be in for a treat from the locals when you study in Canada from Seychelles.
- Quicker path to a PR or Canadian citizenship: This is one of the easiest ways to gain Canadian residency as a foreigner. First, get a student visa. Then work towards getting a residency or work permit after graduation. And a work permit is an almost guaranteed method of landing a permanent residency in Canada from Seychelles.
Most Popular Canadian Provinces for Seychelles Students
Canada has ten provinces and three territories. Over the years, many Seychelles nationals have immigrated and settled in different parts of Canada.
Added to that many students from Seychelles have made their home in different parts of the country.
Here are some of the most popular provinces for students that study in Canada from Seychelles:
Manitoba: The province of Manitoba is one of the most welcoming to international students. Towns in the province celebrate several international events that you will enjoy!
Students like you easily with their fellow Seychelles natives. You can easily meet them in school or through social apps like Badoo.
British Columbia (BC): This province is another gem for international students. Especially African students. If you’re headed for this province, you’ll enjoy a lot of help from your fellow Africans and Seychelles natives.
Quebec (QC): Quebec is the largest province in Canada, and houses students from almost any country in the world. You won’t have to look long to spot your fellow Seychelles students in this province.Study in Canada from Slovakia
What kind of Programs to Study in Canada from Seychelles
Canada has a lot of higher institutions scattered in its provinces. These institutions include Colleges, Universities and various training institutes.
As an international student from Seychelles, you can enrol in:
Undergraduate programs: You just finished high school and want to pursue your first degree abroad? In Canada? You’re at the right place! Canadian Universities and colleges offer undergraduate programs to international students like you that want to study in Canada from Seychelles!
Graduate Diploma: You can study diploma programs in several fields and studies in Canada. You just need to do your research and enrol in the right school.
Masters degree programs: You have a first degree and you have the dream of adding a Masters degree? From a Canadian University? This is for you! You can easily enrol in Masters programs in Canada from Seychelles.
Masters in Business Administration: You can skill up further and get yourself a reputable degree in business administration. An MBA is a good place to start. And you can find several MBA programs to study in Canada from Seychelles. Remember that you study MBAs for two years.
PhD/Doctorate degree programs: This is the highest degree you can have in your field. You can easily start your research and thesis in a Canadian University or College. It will take you at least three years to finish your doctorate degree.
How much funding you will need and where to get it?
Canada’s high-quality education is also available to international students. What makes it superb is the low cost you have to pay for the same quality of education you get in countries like the United States and the UK.
Tuition fee for International Students in Canada
Different schools in Canada charge different fees for the same programs. For example, two Universities can charge slightly different fees for the same degree.
But to make things easier for you, we’ve calculated the average tuition cost for anyone that wants to study in Canada from Seychelles.
Below are the average tuition costs for the different programs in Canada:
Undergraduate degree programs: CA$15,000 to CA$22,000
Graduate programs: CA$10,000 to CA$25,000
Your personal yearly study stipend
The government of Canada says that every international student must be able to support himself/herself. A compulsory fee must be set aside for this reason.
The government would need to see your proof of funds before you’ll be granted admission to a Canadian university.
The minimum amount you must save as your study allowances is CA$10,000.
Sponsors for your education in Canada
If you’re one of the students that don’t have enough money, don’t worry. You can easily get the funding you need through sponsors.
Here are some sponsors you may consider:
- Your parents (Or guardian or any relative),
- Friends (or public funding), and
- Study loans or scholarships for students that want to study in Canada from Seychelles
You can also get low-interest study loans from private companies.
One of the most popular lenders for students that want to study in Canada is MPOWER Financing student loan company.
Other costs to know if you want to study in Canada from Seychelles
If you wish to study in Canada from Seychelles you should also consider these one-time costs too. You will have to pay for your flight, your hardcopy textbooks, health insurance, etc.
Flight from Seychelles to Canada takes about 17 to 20 hours.
And the flight cost from Seychelles to Toronto Canada ranges between SCR 45,000 to SCR 53,000 (Or CA$4,200 to CA$4,900).
Health insurance for international students cost CA$800 on average.
Hardcover textbooks and supplies: Up to CA$600. To save costs, you may use eBooks instead of paying the high cost of hardcopy books.
For other student service fees, please set aside ~CA$300.
Scholarships you can enjoy in Canada as a Seychelles Citizen
One of the easiest ways to reduce your education fees in Canada is to win a scholarship. Scholarships in Canada are usually fully-funded or partially funded.
But either way, if you wish to study in Canada from Seychelles, you get to enjoy reduced fees.
Scholarship Eligibility for Seychelles Students in Canada
To be eligible for most of the available scholarships, you need to have a good academic standing. These scholarships were put in place to assist bright students that lack the necessary funding.
So if you already have strong academic results, chances are you can easily win a scholarship in Canada.
Organizations that offer scholarships to students that want to study in Canada from Seychelles
Most Canadian Universities give annual scholarships to exceptional students. This means that if you keep your grades up, you will enjoy tuition waivers.
There are some international organizations that also offer scholarships. They are big non-profit organizations like:
- MasterCard and
So before you even gain admission, try and apply for one of these scholarships.
All you need to know About Applying for Admissions from Seychelles
Let us detail the academic requirements you will need before you start your application to study in Canada from Seychelles.
We’re going to cover:
- The academic requirements,
- Language requirements, and
- The other requirements.
This is your minimum academic requirement which depends on the program you wish to apply for.
For example: If you want to register for an undergraduate program, then you’ll need a high school certificate… If you want to pursue a Masters degree or a PhD, you must have your first degree from a University or college.
Make sure you get all your official documents ready before you begin your application.
Canada has two official languages: English and French.
As a citizen of Seychelles, you may already know how to speak French.
But some schools in Canada may require that you prove your language proficiency.
This is why if you want to study in Canada from Seychelles, you will need to show proof of your language skills.
The two most widely accepted proofs are from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Other results that may be considered in select Canadian schools include:
- Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) assessment,
- Michigan English Test,
- Pearson Test of English (PTE),
- Duolingo English Test,
Most Canadian schools demand more documents from international students. That is why we’ve included this section to guide you in preparing the documents you may need.
Your Letter of intent/Statement of Purpose (SOP): This is a 500-word essay that you must write. It’s where you tell your reason, ‘why’ you wish to study in Canada from Seychelles.How to Write Statement of Purpose Letter
A strong SOP will help you convince the Canadian Immigration authorities to quickly grant your student visa.
The essay is usually one page in length, or at most 500-words.
Reference letters: This is a letter that backs you up and proves that you are a talented scholar Canada would like to have.
When you get the letter from a respectable authority (like a professor, PhD or Doctorate degree holder in your field), it increases the weight of your application. And that’s a very good thing.
How to Apply to Any Canadian School from Seychelles
Here are the three main steps you need to take:
Browse and make note of the schools and programs you wish to apply for. Very important.
Also make a list of the required documents: tuition fees, identification documents, language proof requirements, etc. Don’t forget to note other school-specific instructions every international student is expected to meet.
Check the exact tuition fees and be sure you have a funding source. Also, make sure that you meet the school’s academic requirements.
If you have any questions, you can easily write or call the admissions departments if you have any questions.
Start and submit your application. Make sure to do your final submission before the deadline and wait for the final decision.
Some students apply and forget to pay the application fees on the admission website. Don’t forget that or your application will be ignored.
If your application is successful, you move on to these next steps:
If successful, you’ll be sent a letter of acceptance.
This letter confirms your admission status and also states the conditions of your admission.
With your Letter of Acceptance and other required documents, start your application for your Canadian study permit.
Please note that a study permit in Canada takes about 14 weeks to process. This can also vary depending on the number of applications the IRCC receives.
So it’s wise to start applying for your study permit as soon as you can.
Study permit requirements for students that want to study in Canada from Seychelles
The government depart that issues study permits in Canada is called the IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada).
To apply for a study visa, you must meet some IRCC requirements.
These requirements are for all international students including students that want to study in Canada from Seychelles.
Here are some requirements to meet:
- You must have a Letter of Acceptance from any of IRCC’s Designated Learning Institution (DLI),
- Provide your proof of funds document,
- You must provide a detailed medical report to state your medical health,
- Present a valid clearance document from the police to prove you’re not an ex-convict.
- Write a statement that you will willingly leave Canada after the expiry of your study permit.
Study permit fees
The fee for a Canadian study permit is CA$150 for all international students.
Study permit documents you’ll need
Here are the documents you’ll need:
If you intend to study in Canada from Ghana, you need to put the following documents and credentials in place.
- Your identification document (e.g. a valid passport or travelling document) plus two (2) new passport photos. Write your full name and date of birth written at the back of each passport photograph.
- Your Letter of Acceptance (LOA) received from a Designated Learning Institution (DLI). (This is not required if you have a relation who’s a Canadian resident).
- Proof of funds through a Canadian bank account, tuition receipt, recent bank statements, bank draft (Canadian dollars), Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC), financial aids or student loan documents, among others.
- Letter of explanation (Your SOP) with valid reasons why you chose Canada and on your roles as a student.
On approval of your study permit, you should start planning your trip to Canada!
So it’s always a good idea to arrive in the country two weeks before your resumption. That way you settle in and get used to your environment before you get busy!
We wish you a safe and comfortable flight!