Study in Canada from St. Vincent & Grenadines – Expert Guide
Whether you’re looking for a master’s degree, a multicultural environment, or an internationally recognized university, Canada may be ideal for international students like you. In this article, you will be given a step-by-step guide on how to study in Canada from St.Vincent & Grenadines
A wide range of learning opportunities is offered by colleges, colleges of technology, universities, arts, and natural sciences institutions in Canada.
More than 30 Canadian universities are ranked among the top 300 universities in the world in the Times Higher Education, Shanghai University, and QS World Rankings.
Many students want to study in Canada from St.Vincent & Grenadines because Canada is one of the best countries to live in. And the fact that you can easily get a work or resident visa after your study makes it incredibly appealing.
You will enjoy studying in Canada. The quality of education in the country is almost great. And the sweetest thing is how it’s almost cheap to study in Canada. Especially when you think about the quality of education you receive.
You can start a good life in Canada if you manage to study in the country by getting a study visa.
Reasons to study in Canada from St.Vincent & Grenadines
- Affordability: Compared to schools in the US or UK, the fees you pay in Canadian schools are not too high. And you’ll get an equal or even better education than students in the US! Plus, you can easily bag a Scholarship and study for free.
- World-class training: In Canada, you’ll quickly gain experience in your field of study. Canada is filled with so many companies. You can easily choose which company to intern with.
- Employment after school: Almost all Canadian provinces are fully developed. This means that there are lots of companies and schools that are looking to hire brilliant graduates like you. That way you get to enjoy a high standard of living and increase your chance of landing a PR or Canadian citizenship.
- Zero racism in Canada: Canada is a multi-racial country. It contains people from almost every country in the world. This is why Canadian residents are one of the most welcoming people you’ll find. And they’re even more friendly to foreigners, especially students from far away countries like St.Vincent & Grenadines. You’ll be in for a treat from the locals when you study in Canada from St.Vincent & Grenadines.
- Quicker path to a PR or Canadian citizenship: This is one of the easiest ways to gain Canadian residency as a citizen of St.Vincent & Grenadines First, get a student visa. Then work towards getting a residency or work permit after graduation. And a work permit is an almost guaranteed method of landing a permanent residency in Canada from St.Vincent & Grenadines
Types of Programs to Study in Canada from St. Vincent & Grenadines
Undergraduate programs: You just finished high school and want to pursue your first degree abroad? In Canada? You’re at the right place! Canadian Universities and colleges offer undergraduate programs to international students like you that want to study in Canada from St.Vincent & Grenadines!
Graduate Diploma: You can study diploma programs in several fields and studies in Canada. You just need to do your research and enroll in the right school.
Masters degree programs: is an academic degree awarded by universities or colleges upon completion of a course of study demonstrating mastery or a high-order overview of a specific field of study or area of professional practice.
A master’s degree normally requires previous study at the bachelor’s level.
Masters in Business Administration(MBA): You can skill up further and get yourself a reputable degree in business administration. An MBA is a good place to start. And you can find several MBA programs to study in Canada from St. Vincent & Grenadines. Remember that you study MBAs for two years.
PhD/Doctorate degree programs: is a research degree, which is one of the most common types of doctoral degrees, and is awarded to graduates in many different fields. It will take you at least three years to finish your doctorate degree.
Admission requirement to study in Canada from St. Vincent & Grenadines
Admission requirements for admission depend on your home country and your current level of education.
- To begin with, you must check the institution’s website or program calendar for detailed requirements in order to confirm your course availability.
- Secondly, apply for admission into the college or university and submit all supporting documents as requested by the institution.
Refer to the admission requirements listed based on your choice of program.
- Thirdly, after you apply and submit all your documents the next step is to wait for the college or university to process your application.
The application will be processed when you have paid a non-refundable application fee payment and all required documents are received.
Additionally, you will receive an email as soon as the school makes a decision on your application. A Letter of Acceptance from the institution will be included in the mail sent to you.
- Lastly, you need to print and submit your study permit when applying for a visa. If your study permit application gets approval, you can leave your country to study in Canada.
If your offer is conditional, you need to forward your transcripts to show that you have met your admission conditions.
English/French language requirements
Although, English is the official language in Jamaica educational institutions will require you to provide proof of your language proficiency during the process of application.
Additionally, students will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English by submitting the results of one of the following evaluation methods at the level relative to their applied program.
Cost of studying in Canada from St. Vincent & Grenadines
The cost of studying post-secondary institutions in Canada vary due to some reasons which include the type of program you want to study, whether you are an undergraduate or postgraduate student.
Below is the average tuition fee for undergraduate and postgraduate students who want to study in Canada.
Undergraduate program: $15,000 to $22,000 per year.
Graduate program: $10,000 to $25,000 per year.
Minimum personal support amount in Canada
As an international student studying in Canada, you must have at least a minimum of $10,000 every year as allowances such as Feeding, Textbooks, housing, health insurance and more.
Study loan for St. Vincent & Grenadines students to Canada
An international student loan in Canada is the way to fund your cost of study in Canada. Most provincial loans are limited to Canadian students only.
Additionally, if you are an international student looking to study in Canada and you need an education loan, you might have to look for private providers.
Scholarship for St. Vincent & Grenadines students in Canada
International students who cannot afford to study in Canada due to a lack of funds can apply for scholarships. You can study in Canada on a fully funded or partially funded scholarship.
Canadian scholarships fall into 3 categories which include; Government scholarships, Non-governmental organizations Scholarships, and Scholarships by Universities in Canada.
Available scholarship for St. Vincent & Grenadines in Canada
- International Fully-Funded Scholarship
- FutureLearn “Change the World” Scholarships
- European Research Council Starting Grants at University of Melbourne in Australia
- 24 Music Business Innovation Scholarship
- International Scholarship Student Competition 2023
Applying for Canada Study Visa from St.Vincent & Grenadines
Of course, all international students in Canada, including students from St.Vincent & Grenadines applied for a student permit before they could come to Canada.
Study permit Canada requirements
You need to fulfill some conditions in order to be eligible to apply for Canada’s study permit.
- Your present age shouldn’t be less than 18 or greater than 35
- You must have recently received a Letter of Acceptance (LOA) from a Canadian college or university recognized by IRCC.
- Besides, a clearance certificate is required from the police.
- Moreover, one or more proof of fund(s) is required to show that you have the finance to cover for all expenses involved.
- Furthermore, a medical exam is necessary to prove your state of health.
- Additionally, you need to show a copy of your flight ticket (round-trip) to the visa officer in order to prove your willingness to leave Canada after your study permit expires.
Study permit Canada document checklist
Ensure that you already have the following documents before applying for a Canadian study permit.
- St.Vincent & Grenadines passport (must be valid throughout the application process)
- Letter of Acceptance (LOA) from a Canadian Designated Learning Institution
- Academic letter of reference
- Letter of Intent (LOI)/Letter of Explanation (LOE)
- Exam results of a valid English or French language proficiency
- Immigration Medical Examination (IME) report
- Two passport-sized photos
- Clearance certificate from police
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or résumé
- Flight ticket to Canada (round-trip)
- Proof of Funds (POF), which includes bank statements, GIC, etc
- Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec (If applicable)
Study permit Canada processing time
Indeed, study permit for students who are applying to study in Canada from St.Vincent & Grenadines takes up to 6 weeks for processing.
Paper vs. online application
Without doubts, you should know that online application is the best and most convenient method of doing registrations online.
Regarding paper and online application of Canada’s study permit, IRCC prefers to receive applications online compared to paper.
Therefore, you can attempt paper application only if online application is nonfunctional for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the age limit for Canada student visa from St. Vincent & Grenadines?
Vincentian students must be between 18 years of age and 35 years of age.
The age is taken from the date of your birthday turning 18 and until the day before your 36th Birthday.
Canada Student Permit cost from St. Vincent & Grenadines?
The Canadian Study Permit costs $150 Canadian per person for applicants from St. Vincent & Grenadines
When should I apply for my Study Permit?
Vincentian applicants should apply as soon as the letter of acceptance (LOA) is received from the education provider.