Are you a young student and national of Venezuela who desire to study in Canada? In this article you will learn everything you need to know concerning how to study in Canada as well as the various options available both to Work and Study in Canada as a Venezuela national.
Evidently, Canada offers some of the most generous immigration pathways in the world. What this means is that, there are open opportunities for intending international students from Venezuela to enter, gain permanent residency and Canadian Citizenship in an unprecedented level.
Likewise, the Canadian Study Permit pathway and residency pathways for you and your family are no exceptions.
Table of Contents
- Why you Should Choose to Study in Canada from Venezuela?
- What is a Study Permit in Canada?
- Student Permit Requirements to Study in Canada from Venezuela
- To Study in Canada from Venezuela do I need a Sponsor?
- Proof of Financial Sufficiency for the Issuance of Canadian Student Visa to Venezuela Student
- Age Limit to Apply to Study in Canada from Venezuela
- Do Students who want to Study in Canada from Venezuela need an interview?
- At What Point Should Venezuela Student Apply for a Study Permit?
- Do Students who want to Study in Canada from Venezuela Require IELTS to Obtain a Study Permit?
- What is the difference between a study permit and a student visa?
- Canadian Student Permit cost how much for Venezuela?
- Proof of Financial Support requirement for Canadian Study Permits
Why you Should Choose to Study in Canada from Venezuela?
Consequently, several reasons comes to mind as to why you should choose to study in Canada from Venezuela:
- Firstly, the Canadian Education system is among the very best in the world.
- Secondly, studying in Canada grants you the opportunity to be eligible for permanent residency pathways after Graduation. Therefore, you can decide to permanently move from Venezuela to Canada if you so desire.
In addition, as a Venezuela citizen you can also work part time in Canada while you study with the Study Permit you do not need to wait till graduation, before you enjoy the benefits of Studying in Canada.
Advantages of this program are that:
- It gives you an international work experience
- Enables you to support yourself financially,
- It offers you extra credit points through the Canada Experience Class Program, thereby, increasing you chances to gaining permanent residency in Canada after Graduation.
In addition, to providing answers to the question “Why you should Study in Canada” The following will suffice:
- You have access to any one of the best academic institutions in the world
- You also have the chance to work as a Venezuela Citizen in Canada
- A convenient, straight-forward and simple application process, which is open to students from Venezuela.
- An outstanding and famous pathway to obtaining a long term visa option through permanent residency in Canada.
There is no doubt that there are very few countries offering this sort of student visa that this generous.
As a result of all these advantages available to you, you should consider studying in Canada from Venezuela as a viable option.
What is a Study Permit in Canada?
A Canadian Student Visa commonly referred to as Study Permit is an official document the Canadian Government grant to foreign students from Venezuela to permit them to study at designated learning institutions (DLI)’s in Canada.
Thus, Venezuela students need a study permit to study in Canada. This must be obtained prior to travelling to Canada.
Student Permit Requirements to Study in Canada from Venezuela
The documents under listed are required by Venezuela citizen to apply for a Canada Student Visa
- Must have a valid Venezuela Passport
- Provide evidence of acceptance or admission by a Designated Learning Institution in Canada.
- Show proof of funds in Venezuela
- Provide Passport Size Photographs.
- Ensure to have obtained an Immigration Medical Examination (IME)
- Your English Language Proficiency Exam Score will be required, since English is not your first language in Venezuela
- Intent statement for travel (which is to study)
- A valid and functional Credit Card
Do Students from Venezuela Need a Visa to Study in Canada for a Maximum of 6 Months?
The answer is No. As a Venezuela national who wants to study in Canada, you do not need a study permit if your study program in Canada is for less than 6 months.
However, this means you are expected to complete your course or program within the time duration in which you are allowed to stay in Canada.
Meanwhile, if you come to study in Canada from Venezuela, and your program of study is for more than 6 months, then you must apply for a study permit. This must be done however, before you leave for Canada.
To Study in Canada from Venezuela do I need a Sponsor?
No, you do not need a sponsor, as a national of Venezuela; you don’t require anyone to sponsor your studies in Canada. All you have to do is to be eligible for a Study Permit, by first:
Enrolling and be accepted at a designated learning institution (DLI)
Supply evidence that you have enough money to settle your tuition, other fees, and living expenses for both you and any family members who arrive with you in Canada.
Once you are able to satisfy the criteria in the application process, your student visa permit process should scale through smoothly for you as a citizen of Venezuela.
Canada is open minded and kin on international higher education; therefore, it does what is best to encourage students from all over the world including Venezuela to seize the opportunity to live and work in Canada during their studies and also encouraging the transition to become permanent residency in Canada.
Proof of Financial Sufficiency for the Issuance of Canadian Student Visa to Venezuela Student
Part of the component of the Canadian student visa requirements is a proof of sufficient funds to show that as a Venezuela student just arriving Canada, you are able to support yourself.
Currently, the financial requirement for arriving Venezuela student is C$10,000 (~US$7,650)/year. Meanwhile, if applying to study in Quebec, it is C$11,000 (~US$8,400). Note that this amount is nevertheless; separate from your tuition fees.
Age Limit to Apply to Study in Canada from Venezuela
Definitely, there is an age limit to granting students from Venezuela a student visa to Canada.
Similarly, in order to obtain a Canadian Study Permit as a Venezuela student, you are expected to be between 18 years old and 35 years old.
The minimum age to obtain student permit to study in Canada from Venezuela is 18 years old
Likewise, the maximum age to be granted a Student Permit to study in Canada from Venezuela is 35 years old
Do Students who want to Study in Canada from Venezuela need an interview?
Your guess is right, the answer is “No” Venezuela nationals generally do not require an interview as part of their study permit application process.
On a general note, interviews are not granted for study permits. Nevertheless, an interview may be required if the visa officer in charge request it.
Is Medical Examination a Requirement for Venezuela Students Applying for a Canadian Student Permit?
Rightly, the medical examination requirement in the study permit application is compulsory and a must for all Venezuela student applicants in need of a Canadian student visa.
At What Point Should Venezuela Student Apply for a Study Permit?
Application for a study permit should be put in immediately you receive your letter of acceptance (LOA) from your chosen designated learning institution.
Work and Study in Canada for Venezuela Student
Two types of visa exist for students who desire to study in Canada from Venezuela
- Firstly, is the SW-1 Visa or study permit which is the Study Work Visa for students; this is only granted to students who compulsorily need to work, undergo internship or a co-op program as part of their course of study.
- Secondly, is the S-1 Visa or study permit, this is granted to every other student undergoing a standard academic program, however, with the option to work or undergo a co-op program or none at all. This study permit is that granted to majority of students who want to study in Canada from Venezuela.
Do Students who want to Study in Canada from Venezuela Require IELTS to Obtain a Study Permit?
The study permit application does not require IELTS. Nevertheless, as a Venezuela native speaker, most post-secondary academic institutions in Canada will require you to provide evidence of your English language proficiency as part of the requirements to offer you admission.
However, IELTS is only one of the required tests. Do contact your chosen DLI to know their IELTS test scores for Venezuela nationals.
What is the difference between a study permit and a student visa?
Student Visas enable you to be admitted into Canada as a Venezuela Citizen. Meanwhile, the Study Permit grants you the permission to stay in Canada. This is the reason it is issued with a student visa.
Canadian Student Permit cost how much for Venezuela?
The student permit will cost a total sum of C$150 per person
Proof of Financial Support requirement for Canadian Study Permits
What amount of funds is required for a Uruguayan Student to be granted a Canadian student visa?
To obtain a Canadian student visa, every student, including those from Venezuela must include evidence of sufficient funds, which is required to support themselves throughout their studies.
This is an important requirement and must be satisfied regardless of whether you intend to get a part time job to support for the period of your study in Canada or not.
Currently, this amount is in the sum of C$10,000 (~US$7,650)/year or C$11,000 (~US$8,400) if you are applying to Quebec, this however is in addition of your tuition fees.