One of the major reasons why you might want to consider continuing your studies at King’s University is that up to 98% of its graduates get hired by employers not more than 2 years after graduation.
However, you need to be cognizant of the King’s University admission requirements for international students before you can be enrolled as one of its students.
the Kings University Edmonton was first established as King’s College in 1979. A few years later in 1993, its name was changed to the King’s University College. In 2005, the educational institution had it’s latest renamed to its current name, “the King’s University”.
Moreover, King’s University is a Christian post-secondary institution located in Edmonton, province capital of Alberta, Canada. Furthermore, more than 100 churches give aid to King’s University on a yearly basis.
Besides, King’s University offers various types of programs, which include Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.), Bachelor of Arts (BA), Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), Bachelor of Commerce (BCom), Bachelor of Music (BMus), Diploma/Certificate, as well as Public/Online Course.
Additionally, King’s University (Edmonton) is top-ranked and has been acknowledged by the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE). This implies that there is a high level of student engagement between King’s University and its students.
Why study at the King’s University of Edmonton?
- Moderately-sized classes of about 22 students
- Availability of student funding every year, with an award, amounts up to $660,000 Canadian Dollars
- Accessibility to various student services, as well as academic advising and support.
- Vast learning and acquisition of knowledge through internships, practicum, as well as hands-on training.
- Top-notch teaching in an encouraging campus.
- Learning in a community of compassionate members who have close bonds with students, including international students.
- Wide-ranging programs and courses of study.
The King’s University Academic Advising and Support
- Advisor reports
- Course selection and academic advising
- Writing support
- Academic enrichment centre
- ” support assistants
Other academic support for King’s University students:
- Group tutoring by specific departments, which includes mathematics, biology, as well as chemistry.
The King’s University programs and courses
Here are the programs and courses available to Canadian and international students at The King’s University Edmonton.
|Areas of study||Degree/Degree/Course of Study|
|Social Sciences||BA | Concentration|
|Biology||B.Sc. | Major | Minor |Concentration|
|Environmental Studies||BA | B.Sc. | Major|
|Business||BCom | Major | Minor|
|Philosophy||B.A. | Minor | Concentration|
|Chemistry||B.Sc. | Major | Minor | Concentration|
|Sociology||B.A. | Major | Minor | Concentration|
|Education – Elementary||B.Ed. | Major|
|Politics, History & Economics||BA | Major|
|Computing Science||B.Sc. Major | Minor | Concentration|
|English||BA | Major | Minor | Concentration|
|Education – Secondary||B.Ed. | Major|
|History||BA | Major | Minor | Concentration|
|Interdisciplinary Science||B.Sc. | Major|
|Political Science||BA Minor | Concentration|
|Kinesiology||B.Sc. | Minor | Concentration|
|Psychology||BA | B.Sc. | Major | Minor | Concentration|
|Mathematics||B.Sc. | Minor | Concentration|
|Music||BMus. | BA | Major | Minor | Concentration|
|Theology||BA | Minor | Concentration|
|Justice and Development||”|
|A Place to Belong: Exploring Justice, Land, and Place||Public/Online Course|
|Non-Profit & Social Entrepreneurship||”|
|Small Business & Entrepreneurship||”|
|Computer Graphics & Visualization||”|
|Software Systems Development||”|
|Public Policy Studies||”|
|Christianity & Contemporary Culture||”|
The Kings University admission requirements for international students
All international students are obligated to meet the general and program-specific requirements of King’s University before they can be considered for admissions.
Therefore, you need to provide;
High School certificate and transcript of study
Before you can be enrolled as an international student at the King’s University (Edmonton), you’re required to complete five (5) High School Grade 12 courses. Besides, you must attain an average of not less than 60%.
Moreover, the five (5) High School Grade 12 courses should include an academic English course, 3 other academic courses such as social studies, language, mathematics, calculus, science, fine arts, among others.
Furthermore, an academic/non-academic High School Grade 12 course like Physical Education (PE) is accepted by King’s University as the 5th course.
Proof of English proficiency requirements for international students
King’s University acknowledges various English proficiency test scores for international admissions. These include;
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) internet-Based Test with an overall score of 88; Score not less than 21 in each section.
Moreover, for TOEFL Paper-Based Test (PBT), you are required to attain an overall score of 64; a Score not below 21 in each section.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic overall score of 6.5, No band less than 5.5
- Cambridge Assessment English: C1 Advanced exam or C2 Proficiency.
- Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) Assessment or CAEL Online: Score not less than 70
- Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic): Overall score not less than 59
- Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT): King’s University also accepts SAT entrance test taken after March 2016 with a score of 610 in reading and writing.
Moreover, King’s University accepts a score of 550 in reading and writing if your Scholastic Assessment Test was taken before 2016,
King’s University Admission Requirements for mature students
The King’s University regards mature students as individuals who are aged at least 21 years by the 1st of September in the admission year. More so, mature students mustn’t have attended any university or college in the past.
As a mature student, you can satisfy King’s University admissions requirements by via one of the following.
- Firstly, you’re required to fulfil King’s University general requirements for admissions.
- Secondly, you must provide five (5) High School Grade 12 courses as stated below;
- 1 academic English language course
- 3 standard courses like Social Studies, Fine Arts, Languages, Science, Mathematics, among others.
- 1 academic/non-academic High School Grade 12 course having a normal weight. Besides, special projects/work experience is not accepted for admissions processing.
As an alternative for the 5th course, you are allowed to submit two (2) lower weight courses.
- Thirdly, your overall average in the 5 courses must not be less than 60%.
- Ultimately, you’re expected to fulfil the specific requirements for the program you’re applying for.
- First of all, you’re mandated to satisfy King’s University general admissions for mature students.
- Secondly, you need to complete Alberta’s English Language Arts 30-1. You can also provide its equivalent in lieu.
However, you’re expected to take King’s University English Language Studies Assessment Test (ELSAT) if you are unable to accomplish English Language Arts 30-1.
- Thirdly, it is necessary that you satisfy the program-specific requirements at King’s University Edmonton.
Hence, you need to provide your High School record and/or college entrance exam score to King’s University Edmonton.
Advanced Placement (AP) admission requirements
The King’s University makes use of your highest grade if you have an Advanced Placement course and regular course. Thus, you’re required to meet the following requirements;
- First of all, you are mandated to satisfy the program-specific requirements for your preferred program of study
- Additionally, you must attain a score not less than 3/course.
- Moreover, you need to make provision of 5 High Grade 12 courses, which includes;
- 1 course in High School grades 12 academic English language.
- 3 standard courses such as Calculus, Languages, Science, Social Studies, Fine Arts, Mathematics, etc
- 1 academic or non-academic High School grade 12 courses having a normal weight
- Furthermore, you’re expected to satisfy King’s University proof of English proficiency requirements.
Admission requirements for students with International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Firstly, to become a student at King’s University with International Baccalaureate courses, you are expected to attain a score not less than 3, as well as a minimum average of 3.5.
- Secondly, you need to fulfil program-specific requirements so as to be accepted for the program you’re applying for.
- Thirdly, you must meet King’s University English proficiency minimum requirements.
In addition, you are expected to provide five (5) High School grade 12 academic courses such as;
- 1 High School grade 12 academic English.
- 3 standard courses. E.g. Languages, Fine Arts, Social Studies, Calculus, Science, Mathematics, and so on.
- 1 High School grade 12 course that has a normal weight.
The King’s University tuition fees for international students per term (The academic year 2021/2022)
|Details||Fees ($ Canadian Dollars)|
|Tuition at CAD $422 per credit (For 15.5 credits).||6,541|
|International Student Fee||2,500|
|Student Healthcare Plan||267.88|
|Student fees like association fee, fitness & recreation fee, services & facilities fee, etc.||512.50|
|Books & Supplies (estimated cost)||650|
King’s University college residence and meal plans for both Canadian and international students
|Residence and Meal Plan Options for each term||Fees ($ Canadian Dollars)|
|Tower Room Residence (double occupancy in a room)||1,500|
|Basic Meal Plan||2,002|
|Limited Meal Plan||1,743|
|Tower Suite Residence||2,000|
|Suite Meal Plan||283|
The King’s University scholarships for international students
The following scholarships are available to King’s University international students.
- Rutherford Scholarship
- King’s Awareness Scholarship
- The King’s University Admission Scholarship – Honours
- The King’s University Admission Scholarship – Excellence.
FAQ’s about the King’s University admission requirements for international students
Q. Where is The King’s University located?
Ans – The King’s University Address: 9125 – 50 Street
T6B 2H3 Canada
The King’s University phone number: (780) 465-3500
Q. How much is King’s University application fee for international students?
Ans – formerly CAD $140, but was recently reduced to CAD $100.
Q. What services are available to The King’s University students?
- Simona Maaskant Library
- The King’s University student counselling services
- Centre for career and calling.
Q. What are King’s University study abroad programs?
- Custom Study Abroad
- Laurentian Leadership Centre
- Quest Mexico Learning Tour
- Bangladesh Learning Tour
- Creation Care Program
- Netherlands Study Exchange
- Micah Centre Internship
- Au Sable Institute
- Honduras Water Project.
Q. When are King’s University application deadlines?
- Scholarships & Awards Deadline: 31st of March
- Fall Term Application Deadline: 15th of August
- Winter Term Application Deadline: 1st of December.