There are certain things You Must Know When Applying For A Study Visa In Canada. Studying in Canada can be a huge opportunity and an exciting one. Canada offers great opportunities to come across different cultural and natural experiences. For oversea students, moving to Canada for the study is a great idea and an ideal place due to a high quality education system and policies. However, international students are required to obtain a study permit to achieve his/her goal of studying in Canada.
Things You Must Know When Applying For A Study Visa In Canada
Eligibility Conditions to study in Canada
- Your candidature has to be accepted by a Designated educational Institution in Canada.
- You will need to prove that you are financially able to funds for the following things: tuition fees, accommodation expenses for yourself.
- You need to show that you have sufficient funds to fund your return back to your home country.
- You have to be a law-abiding citizen, with no criminal record.
- You must be healthy and willing to take a medical test if required.
- You have to demonstrate to the immigration officer that you will leave Canada upon completion of your study in Canada.
- In regards to the location where you reside, you may also require a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) to enter Canada. You may refer to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website for more information.
What is a Study Permit?
- A Study Permit is a printed authorization that is issued only by the immigration officer permitting international students to study in Canada.
- This permit becomes invalid 3 months after your course of study is completed.
- The study is considered complete once notification has been sent to you from your school stating the completion of your program.
How to apply for a Study Permit:
If you have obtain the acceptance letter from the Educational Institution you hope to study, then you are qualified to now apply online for a study permit in Canada. However, you must remember to keep the following things ready:
- You must have a scanner or camera ready in order to generate the electronic copies of your documents to upload the same document with your application. (You may need to check the list of documents required on the CIC website.)
- You will need a valid credit card to fund the necessary charges.
Immigration and Visa application processes for study in Canada are often updated on a regular basis, hence, you may get in touch with us for latest updates and process details.
You can also see the reasons why students visa is denied in Canada.Share with friends