Most students want to study abroad but they are discourage due to the high cost. Studying abroad especially in the US is a guarantee to a bright future. The good news is that there are some Scholarships In USA For International Students, most of which are fully funded.
The United States is one of the prime destinations from students who wish to benefit from a top notch and widely recognized international education. Universities and colleges in the US offers a very high quality education. See below for the top scholarships in USA for international students.
Top Scholarships In USA For International Students – USA Government Scholarships
1. Foreign Fulbright Student Program: These are full scholarships program in USA for international students who wish to pursue a Master’s or PhD degree. These scholarships are also awarded to non-degree postgraduate studies. It is a full coverage scholarship which covers tuition fee, textbooks, airfare, a living stipend as well as health insurance.
2. Humphrey Fellowship Program: This fellowship program provides a year of professional enrichment in the United States for experienced professionals from designated countries all over the world. Selection is made based on the student’s potential for leadership as well as their commitment to public service in the private or public sector. Fellowships are usually fully funded.
Some Colleges/Universities that offer Scholarships for International Students In US
3. American University Scholarships: The American University also known as the AU awards a limited number of numerous partial merit scholarships to academically qualified incoming international students who are in their first-year undergraduate studies. There is no need base financial aid for international students. In fact, the merit scholarship range from US $6,000 to U.S.$25,000 per academic year (renewable subject to conditions).
4. Amherst College Scholarships: This college currently run a need-based financial aid program that provides assistance to international students with financially need. Once you have been admitted to Amherst College, your financial need will be determined end. Then, a financial aid award that is equivalent to your need will be offered. This award is sometimes called an “aid package” because it may include both self-help (employment) and gift aid.
5. Berea College Scholarships: According to research, Berea College is the only school in the US that provides 100% funding to 100% of enrolled international students in their first year of enrollment. This combination of scholarships and financial aid offsets the costs of tuition, room, board, and fees. International students are expected to save $1,000 (US) per year to contribute toward their expenses in the future. In addition, the College provides summer jobs to international students in order for them to be able to meet this obligation.
6. Clark University Scholarships: This university offers what is called the “Clark Global Scholars Program.” This program is open to first-year applicants (not a transfer student) who has attended schools abroad for at least four years and international citizens who are studying in the US. Also included in the award is a scholarship of $15,000 to $25,000 per year (for four years, contingent upon meeting academic standards for renewal) and a guaranteed $2,500 taxable stipend for a researchable assistantship or paid internship taken for academic credit during the summer following your junior year or sophomore.
7. Colby-Sawyer College Scholarships: The Colby-Sawyer College offers merit-based scholarships and international students are qualified to apply. The value of the scholarship increases based on student’s ability in his/her academics (measured in GPA) and range from $20,000 up to $26,000 per year. The college does not offer fully funded scholarships.
8. Columbia College Scholarships: This college offers Scholarships as well as awards to outstanding international students. This ward is 15%-100% reduction or they are one time cash grants.
9. Illinois Wesleyan University Scholarships: The Illinois Wesleyan University offers merits based scholarships to international students who are eligible with outstanding academic achievement and test scores on the required entrance exams. The value of awards range from $10,000 to $25,000 every year and are renewable for up to four years. However, each year, two full-tuition President’s International Student Scholarships may be awarded to qualified international students for the duration of four years of study.
10. Lowa State University International Merit Scholarships: International students in their first year may be considered for a limited number of merit scholarships. Selection of scholarships in this university is very competitive. It is based on a holistic review of SAT or ACT scores and high school marks/grades. The value of awards ranges from $2,000 to $10,000 and are subject to renewal.
11. University of the West Scholarships: University of the West offers Scholarships to new international students who achieve high academic standards and have proof of financial difficulty such as the President’s and Dean’s scholarships. Successful candidate will have the full cost of tuition waived for 7.5-15 undergraduate or 6-12 graduate units in each semester.Share with friends