In this article is curated list of Vancouver colleges and universities for International Students looking to study in British Columbia, Canada.
Vancouver is a very large city situated in the Southwest region of the Canadian province of British Columbia. Studying in Vancouver, BC, Canada will avail you with numerous advantages with regard to your studentship and academics.
In this article
- Why study in Vancouver, BC, Canada?
- What do I need to study in a Vancouver College and University?
- #1. University of British Columbia (UBC)
- #2. Simon Fraser University (SFU)
- #3. Arbutus College of Communication Arts, Business and Technology
- #4. Granville College, Vancouver
- #5. Capilano University, Vancouver
- #6. Alexander College, Vancouver
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the top six “6” Vancouver colleges and universities for international students
Why study in Vancouver, BC, Canada?
International students who chose Vancouver Colleges and Universities over other Canadian post-secondary institutions have indeed made a great move for themselves. However, you will gain multiple benefits for studying in Vancouver, BC, Canada as follows.
- Firstly, Vancouver is renowned as the largest city in BC.
- Secondly, Vancouver assures its citizens, residents and students with high level of security.
- Thirdly, Vancouver harbors students and residents of diverse cultures, religions, etc.
- Fourthly, Vancouver BC has a seaport, and is a superb city for businesses.
- More so, Vancouver has some of the top-ranked universities and colleges in Canada.
- In addition, Vancouver has many tourist attraction centers and locations, which includes Kitsilano Beach, Museum of Anthropology, Granville Island, Grouse Mountain, Stanley Park, among others.
What do I need to study in a Vancouver College and University?
If you intend studying in one of the Colleges and Universities in Vancouver, you need to provide the following documents.
- A valid passport with Canadian study permit
- Certificate and transcript of your high school diploma or post-secondary education
- Valid proof of English proficiency such as International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), Pearson Test of English (PTE), Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) test, etc
- Proof of funds
However, you can use these documents to begin your admission processing into a post-secondary institution in Vancouver. Hundreds of colleges and universities in Vancouver consider international students for admissions.
Workstudyvisa.com have been able to collate the list of top six Vancouver colleges and universities for international students. They include;
- University of British Columbia (UBC)
- Simon Fraser University (SFU)
- Arbutus College of Communication Arts, Business and Technology
- Granville College
- Capilano University (CapU)
- Alexander College
#1. University of British Columbia (UBC)
About the University of British Columbia:
Established in 1908, University of British Columbia (UBC) is a public research post-secondary institution situated in Vancouver, as well as in Okanagan, Canada.
Moreover, University of British Columbia provides numerous undergraduate and graduate research programs to its students.
University of British Columbia programs
You can contribute to your career by applying for any of UBC’s undergraduate or graduate programs in Anthropology, Applied Animal Biology, Architecture, Art History and Visual Culture, Astronomy, Biotechnology, Cognitive Systems, Creative Writing, Cultural Studies, Gender and Women’s Studies, Forestry, Education, Kinesiology, Linguistics, Management, Engineering, Mathematics, Medicine, Microbiology and Immunology, Mining Engineering, Music, Nutritional Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Philosophy, etc.
University of British Columbia financial aids for international students
The following are University of British Columbia scholarships, bursaries and awards available to international students.
- International Major Entrance Scholarship (IMES)
- UBC international tuition award
- Vantage One Excellence Award
- Outstanding International Student (OIS) award
- Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award
- Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award
University of British Columbia Vancouver campus: 2329 West Mall,
Vancouver, BC Canada V6T 1Z4
Phone Number: (604) 822-2211
University of British Columbia Okanagan campus: 3333 University Way,
Kelowna, BC Canada V1V 1V7
Phone Number: (250) 807-8000
University of British Columbia graduate school: 170-6371 Crescent Road,
Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T 1Z2
Note: University of British Columbia DLI number is O19330231062.
#2. Simon Fraser University (SFU)
About Simon Fraser University:
Simon Fraser University is a premier research post-secondary institution founded on September 9, 1965. SFU campuses are located in Burnaby, Vancouver, as well as in Surrey.
More so, Simon Fraser University has more than 37,000 students. More than 170,000 students from 143 countries got their degrees and certificates by SFU.
Simon Fraser University programs
SFU offers a extensive range of study programs, including minors, majors, joint majors, etc. Simon Fraser University faculties coordinate these programs for its students.
Faculties of study at Simon Fraser University
Below are Simon Fraser University faculties of study.
- Faculty Of Science
- Applied Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Beedie School Of Business
- Communication, Arts & Technology
- Arts & Social Sciences
- Faculty of Environment
Simon Fraser University tuition for international students
SFU international tuition fee is estimated to CAD $31,460 (with transport). These fees do not include fees for textbooks and supplies, student housing, meal plan, as well as for health insurance coverage.
Simon Fraser University financial aid for international students
- SFU Undergraduate Scholars Entrance Scholarship
Simon Fraser University Burnaby campus: 8888 University Drive,
Burnaby, B.C., Canada V5A 1S6
Phone Number: (778) 782-6930
Simon Fraser University Surrey campus: 250-13450 102nd Avenue, Surrey, B.C.,
Canada V3T 0A3
Phone Number: +1 (778) 782-6930
Simon Fraser University Vancouver campus: 515 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, B.C.,
Canada V6B 5K3
Phone Number: +1 (778) 782-6930
Note: Simon Fraser University DLI number is O18781994282.
#3. Arbutus College of Communication Arts, Business and Technology
Application fee for international admissions: CAD $200
About Arbutus College:
Started in 2002, Arbutus College is a private DLI that specializes in vocational training. Its campus is located in Vancouver, Canadian province of British Columbia.
More so, Arbutus College is a partner of several associations and institutions such as The American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA), Forum for International Trade Training (FITT), and the Canadian Institute of Management (CIM).
Arbutus College programs
As an international applicant of Arbutus College, you can apply for a Foundations Certificate, Practicum Foundations Certificate, Certificate, Hons Certificate, Practicum Certificate, Diploma, Work Experience Diploma, Co-op Diploma, Hons Diploma with Specializations, Hons Co-op Diploma with Specializations, Professional Diploma, as well as Co-op Professional Diploma.
However, you can apply for your choice program in any of the following fields.
- Hospitality Management
- Business Management
- International Business
Arbutus College tuition for international students
The tuition fee of Arbutus College’s international students varies based on the program. Foundation certificate is the cheapest program offered by Arbutus College while Co-op Professional Diploma is the most expensive program.
Thus, Arbutus College tuition cost ranges from CAD $3,299 to CAD $28,715 with exemption to some other fees like AHLA fee, technology and supplies fee, archiving fee, program fee, among others.
Arbutus College address: 473 West Hastings Street, Vancouver,
BC V6B 1L4 Canada.
Arbutus College email: [email protected]
Phone Number: 1 (604) 622-4446
Note: Arbutus College DLI number is O19219834012.
#4. Granville College, Vancouver
About Granville College:
Founded in 1993, Granville College is a post-secondary institution based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Moreover, Granville College campus has numerous facilities, and offers a wide range of academic programs to its students.
In addition, study programs at Granville College focuses on diploma in Animal Healthcare.
Granville College programs of study
Below are diploma programs offered by Granville College.
- Diploma program in Business Administration
- Business Administration/Global Supply Chain Management Specialty
- Global Supply Chain Management Diploma
- Healthcare Office Administration Diploma
- Human Resources Management Diploma
- Hospitality Management Program with/without a Co-Op program
- Veterinary Technician Assistant Diploma Program
Campus location and contact information of Granville College
Granville College address: 725-570 Dunsmuir St, Vancouver,
BC V6B 1Y1, Canada
Phone Number: (604) 683-8850 and (604) 682-7115
Note: Granville College DLI number is O116736261697.
#5. Capilano University, Vancouver
About Capilano University:
With four (4) campuses in Canada, Capilano University (CapU) avails hundreds of courses and programs to its students. Besides, Capilano University campuses and learning centre are located in North Vancouver, The Shipyards, Sechelt, as well as in Mount Currie respectively.
Moreover, studying at Capilano University will avail you with mentorship throughout your study.
Capilano University degrees and programs
There are varieties of degrees and programs provided by Capilano University. However, these programs cuts across different areas of study like
- Fine & Applied Arts
- Arts & Sciences
- Global & Community Studies
- Education, Health & Human Development
- Business & Professional Studies
Capilano University address: 2055 Purcell Way,
North Vancouver, BC V7J 3H5
Phone Number: (604) 986-1911
Telecommunications Device for the Deaf: (604) 990-7848
Fax: (604) 984-4985
Note: Capilano University DLI number is O19280078102.
#6. Alexander College, Vancouver
Application fee for international students: CAD $200
About Alexander College:
Set up in 2006, Alexander College is a private post-secondary institution with two (2) campuses located in Burnaby and Vancouver, BC, Canada.
However, Alexander College offers vast program options, which allows you to apply for your preferred academic program from the available Associate degrees, University Transfer program, English for Academic Purposes, English as a Second Language, Academic Upgrading, as well as University Preparation programs.
Programs of study at Alexander College
Alexander College programs trains and certifies international students in various fields of study, which includes French, Sociology, International Studies, Spanish, Communications, History, English, Commerce, Asian Studies, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Economics, Film Studies, Mathematics, Geography, Philosophy, Psychology, Computer Science, Anthropology, as well as Political Science.
Alexander College tuition
At present, the tuition fee for Alexander College undergraduate students cost CAD $550 per credit. Moreover, its ESL, EAP, Academic Upgrading (except EAP) and University Preparation program tuition cost ranges from CAD $1,500 to CAD $4,980.
Alexander College financial aids for international students
Below are Alexander College scholarships for international students.
- Peter Kennedy Economics Scholarship
- EAP Scholarship
- English Scholarship
- Math Scholarship
- History Scholarship
- Film Scholarship
- Sociology Scholarship
- Biology Scholarship
- Chemistry Scholarship
- Psychology Scholarship
- Computing Science Scholarship
- Commerce Scholarship
- Norman Swartz Philosophy Scholarship
- Asian Studies Scholarship
- Physics Scholarship
- French Scholarship
Alexander College Burnaby campus: 4603 Kingsway #101,
Burnaby, BC V5H 4M4, Canada.
Phone Number: (604) 435-5815
Fax: (604) 435-5895
Alexander College Vancouver campus: 602 W Hastings St #100,
Vancouver, BC V6B 1P2, Canada
Phone Number: (604) 681-5815
Fax: (604) 681-5819
Note: Alexander College DLI number is O19347185182.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the top six “6” Vancouver colleges and universities for international students
How many are Granville College graduates?
Ans – About 1,800
What is Simon Fraser University ranking?
Ans – In year 2020, SFU was ranked No.7 in the World’s Universities with Real Impact.