Turkey Visa Requirements: Application and Documentation
Are you looking forward to visiting Turkey? If yes, then you must know about the turkey visa requirements.
Turkey is a fascinating country with a rich culture and history. It is the only country in the world located on two continents, Europe and Asia. There are many things to see and do in Turkey, from exploring ancient ruins to enjoying the vibrant city life.
To apply for the turkey visa, you must know about the requirements for your application. This article is set to list the documents you need as well as the types of Turkish visas available.
A visa for Turkey is a document that allows a foreign citizen to enter and stay in the country for a specific period. There are several types of Turkey visas, depending on the purpose of the visit. Some common types of Turkey visas include tourist, business, and student visas, other types of visas also exist, and it is easy to apply for and receive. The Turkish embassy or consulate will issue the visa in your home country.
Types of Turkish visa
Without a doubt, Turkey has few visa types, and it is highly reasonable to know whether you need a sticker visa or an e-visa. You will need to select one of these visas for travel to Turkey.
#1. Business or tourist visa
You can apply for a business or tourist visa if your travel to Turkey is for a business meeting, tourist activity, Transit, commerce, or seminar meeting. Also, for conferences, fairs, exhibitions, official visits, cultural-artistic activities, sports, or a visit to Turkey, you can apply for the turkey business/tourist visa.
#2. Turkey education visa
Suppose the main purpose of your visit to Turkey is for educational purposes, internship, or attending a course in Turkey or the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus. In that case, you can apply for a turkey education visa.
#3. Turkey work visa
On another note, you can apply for this Visa type if you want to travel to Turkey for employment. For example, you are an assigned sportsperson, academic, free zone worker, artist, journalist to Turkey, or for repairman and montage purposes.
#4. Other visas
If the purpose of your travel to Turkey does not fall under the categories listed above, you should apply for other visas. The visit purpose under the other visas includes exploration, archaeological excavation, medical treatment, tour operator representative, family unification, freight visa, accompaniment, seafarer, or documentary.
Turkey Visa Requirements
You will need to collect several documents and submit them to the Turkish embassy when applying for any Turkish visa. These documents must prove your eligibility and intention for travel purposes.
It is noteworthy that the documents required for the Turkey visa may differ depending on the type of visa you opt for and your nationality. In this regard, your nationality may impact your requirement because some countries have to submit fever documents or additional documents. Nevertheless, here are the general conditions you need to be aware of to obtain a Turkey visa.
#1. Turkey visa application form
For every Turkish visa type, the application form is the same. You will have to answer some questions such as:
- Your name and surname.
- Your place of birth and date of birth.
- Identification number.
- Citizenship and country of residence.
- Name of parents.
- Type of passport.
- The type of visa.
- The duration of stay in Turkey.
- If you’re married, you should include information about your spouse.
- Information on previous visa applications for Turkey.
- Information on the previous trips to Turkey.
- Complete the application manually, and sign it at the end.
#2. International passport or other travel documents
Your passport or other travel documents must be valid for at least six months from the day you reach Turkey. Ensure that there is one blank page on the passport so that the consulate or embassy can fix the visa sticker. It is noteworthy that the passports will be at the Turkish embassy while processing your application, after which you can retrieve them after the processing is over.
#3. Turkey Visa Photo Requirements
Undoubtedly, you must submit two identical photos with a size of 5 cm by 6 cm as part of your Turkey visa requirements. Also, the photograph must meet the following photo requirements.
- The photo must have no creases or ink marks.
- It must be in sharp focus, high quality, and very clean.
- Also, it must have the appropriate contrast and brightness.
- The photo must not have any stable marks.
#4. Means of financial capability
During your trip to Turkey, you must show the Turkish authority that you have sufficient money to support yourself in the country. Therefore, you must have about 50 euros for each day you plan to spend in Turkey. You can prove evidence of your financial capability through the following:
- Bank account statement from the last three months.
- Proof of other income such as your salary slip, proof of your spouse’s income z, etc.
- Support letter from a third party who guarantees to cover your expenses while you are away in Turkey. Also, you must include proof that the individual can do so. The proof can include their bank statements, salary slip, etc.
- If a Turkish resident hosts you, the financial requirements you need to apply for a Turkish visa will be less than €50 a day. Also, you will need less money if your food is covered.
#5. Proof of accommodation
Without a doubt, no matter the length of time you plan to stay in Turkey, you must display evidence of where you will be staying, regardless of whether it is only a night. To prove your accommodation, you can present any of the following:
- Invitation letter in Turkey: Submitting an invitation letter is only applicable if a Turkish resident has invited you to come to their place while you are in the country. The letter must be detailed, including the contacts of the host’s address and details. Also, you must include the relationship with your host.
- Hotel booking: You can submit a booking letter if staying at a hotel in Turkey. This letter must include your entry and exit date, name, and surname. Also, you must add the contact details and address of the hotel.
#6. Travel Medical Insurance
Travel health insurance is one of the fundamental requirements for a turkey visa. Therefore, it is non-negotiable to travel to Turkey. Note that the medical travel insurance you subscribe for must be able to operate in Turkey with a minimum subscription of €30,000.
#7. Travel Itinerary / Flight Booking
Also, you must be able to show evidence of what you’re planning to do in Turkey and how you plan to reach the country. You can do so by submitting either of the following.
- Evidence of flight booking: Suppose you are traveling to Turkey by plane. You need to book a travel itinerary and submit the documents to the consulate or embassy in your home country on the day of your appointment.
- Other documents: The other documents you can submit depends on the means of transportation you plan to take to Turkey. It could be your driver’s license, bus tickets, and authorization to Turkey by ship, car, etc.
Also, you can submit other documents depending on what you plan to do while in Turkey. This document can include your invitation to attend an event, museum ticket, tours, etc.
#8. Police clearance certificate
Importantly, you are to tender a police clearance certificate or other documents that are equivalent as part of a turkey visa requirements. These documents must show that you are not a criminal on have not been involved in criminal activities while away in your home country.
#9. Turkey visa requirement according to employment status
Without a doubt, they are specialized visa requirements specific to employment types. If you are employed, you need to get a letter from your employer stating that you will return to your home country after your trip to Turkey is over. You must include your payslip from the last three months as well.
However, you must tender your company’s registration and establishment certificate if you’re a business owner. Also, include the company bank account statement that shows transactions from the last three months and the company’s trade license.
Turkey visa requirements for applicants under the age of 18 years
Peradventure, the applicant, is under 18, they must submit the following documents
- Birth certificate.
- Letter of consent given by the guardian or parents of the child.
- If the parents are divorced, include a custody rights document.
- If both parents or one of the applicant’s parents is dead, they must provide the death certificate.
Frequently asked questions
Is a Turkey visa easy to get?
Yes, a Turkey visa is easy to get. Nationals of many countries do not require a visa to visit Turkey for up to 90 days.
Why does the Turkish embassy reject visas?
The Turkish embassy rejects visa applications for several reasons. One reason may be that the applicant has not met the Turkey visa requirements or did not provide enough information on their visa application. Another reason may be that the applicant has a criminal record.
Does a Turkey visa require an interview?
Yes, a visa interview is usually required for Turkish visas. However, exceptions exist for certain visa types issued for tourism or business purposes.
How can I introduce myself in a visa interview?
In a visa interview, you will likely be asked to introduce yourself. You can say your name, where you are from, and what you do. You can also mention any family or friends in the United States. Being polite and respectful when introducing yourself in a visa interview is essential.
How can I start my self-introduction?
There’s no one formula for introducing yourself, but a good approach is to be clear and concise while highlighting your most important points. Start by giving your name and then describing your professional or academic background. If you have any noteworthy accomplishments or experiences, mention them too. Finally, explain why you’re interested in the position or organization you’re applying.
Once you’ve met the turkey visa requirement, you can apply for the visa specific for your visit to the country.