Family is everything, and they rock our world. That is why the Ukraine family visa is a specific visa type that allows family members of Ukrainian residents to reunite with their families in the country.
Ukraine is a large country with a population of about 45 million people. It is a country rich in history and culture and is home to many ancient ruins and religious sites. Also, Ukraine is known for its traditional music and dance, and its economy is mainly based on agriculture and natural resources.
This article will enlighten you on all you need to know about the Ukraine Family Visa, its requirements, and its application. Let’s explore!
In this article
- About Ukraine Family Visa
- Eligibility Criteria for Ukraine Family Visa
- Ukraine Visa Rules
- Requirements for Ukraine Family Visa
- Requirements for the applicant
- Requirements for sponsor
- How to apply for the Ukraine Family Visa
- Step one: Complete and print the application form
- Step two: Lookout for the Ukrainian Embassy or Consulate in your home country
- Step three: Gather all needed documents
- Step four: Book an appointment at the embassy
- Step five: Attend the interview
- Step six: Await your visa response
- Frequently Asked Questions
About Ukraine Family Visa
The Ukraine family visa is a type of visa that allows a person to enter Ukraine and stay there with their family members. This visa is usually issued for up to 90 days and is often free to apply. However, this visa is often specific in which a separate application is required for every individual traveling to Ukraine, including children.
Currently, there are pros and cons to raising a family in Ukraine. On the one hand, the cost of living is relatively low, which can be helpful for families on a budget. Additionally, many families find that Ukrainians are warm and welcoming, making it easy to make friends. However, on the other hand, the country is facing severe economic and security challenges, which could impact the quality of life for families in the future.
Eligibility Criteria for Ukraine Family Visa
Without a doubt, to apply for the Ukraine family visa, you must fulfill any of the following prerequisites:
- Apply to accompany or join your Ukraine-based family member.
- Be a Ukraine citizen or family member of a national of Ukraine applying for a visa to join an immediate family member.
- Live in Ukraine for an extended period.
Here is the list of eligible applicants for the Ukraine family visa
- Immediate family members
- Civil partner or spouse.
- Unmarried partner (you must have been staying together in a relationship for at least 24 months)
- Fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner
- Extended family members
These individuals are under the extended family members for the Ukraine family visa.
- A grandchild or your partner’s grandchild
- Brother or sister
- Aunt or uncle
- Niece or nephew
- Mother-in-law or father-in-law
- Brother-in-law or sister-in-law
Ukraine Visa Rules
Generally, you have to present the hard copy of your visa and passport on entry and exit to the territory of Ukraine. The citizens of Georgia, Armenia, Uzbekistan, Moldova, and Azerbaijan can travel to Ukraine without obtaining a family visa. However, citizens of Georgia should take their identity cards along.
It is noteworthy that Crimea has been annexed by the Russian Federation and is now considered a disputed territory. Thus, you will need a Russian visa to visit Crimea. However, once you visit Crimea, you will be refused entry to Ukraine because the Ukrainian government sees entry to Crimea on a Russian visa as unlawful entry to the territory of Ukraine.
Requirements for Ukraine Family Visa
To reunite with your family in Ukraine, you must satisfy the following requirements and provide original and validated copies of the documents below.
Requirements for the applicant
- Completed, printed, and signed the application form for the Ukraine family visa.
- An international passport valid for not less than three months after the intended time to leave Ukraine. Also, the passport must not be issued for longer than ten years, having at least two blank pages.
- Two passport-size photographs with a dimension of 35 by 45 mm take not older than six months. Likewise, the passport should be taken in front of either an off-white or white background, capturing your face as you stare straight at the camera. Importantly, you must not use any headgear or glasses, if you must use head coverings, it must be for religious purposes, but that should not obstruct your face.
- Medical travel health insurance of not less than 30,000 Euros covering your entire stay or visit to Ukraine.
Requirements for sponsor
The individual in Ukraine must submit evidence of Ukrainian citizenship or permanent residence.
- Evidence of kinship or submission of marriage certificate (if the applicant is a spouse).
- Proof of financial capability to see to the needs of family members and their dependents coming to Ukraine.
- Finally, they complete an application and submit it to the Ukrainian consulate.
How to apply for the Ukraine Family Visa
You can successfully get this visa type in six simple steps to reunite with your family in Ukraine.
Step one: Complete and print the application form
Without a doubt, the very first step to obtaining this Ukraine family visa is to get it online, complete it, and print it out. Ensure you cross-check your information before clicking on submit and print it out.
Step two: Lookout for the Ukrainian Embassy or Consulate in your home country
Once you finish your application, you are to check for the Ukrainian Embassy or Consulate address in your country for the submission of documents. If your country does not have an embassy for Ukraine, you can ask for a visa center close to the country.
Note that different embassies have their appointments, working hours, and application submission methods. For example, in some Ukrainian diplomatic officer offices, you may have to submit your application in person. At the same time, some will prefer that you submit your application through the mail.
Step three: Gather all needed documents
You need to prepare all documents stated above for your application process. In addition, remember to include the document that proves your relationship with the nation of Ukraine. Note that it is free to apply for the visa.
Step four: Book an appointment at the embassy
You can go online to book an appointment with the Ukrainian Embassy in your home country for a family visa. The date and time for your appointment will be given. Note it down in your diary, and prepare to attend.
Step five: Attend the interview
On the day of your interview, take your printed visa application form and other supporting documents along with you. You should be at the embassy 30 minutes before the interview, fully dressed and prepared.
Step six: Await your visa response
Depending on how busy the embassy you attend, it can take about two to three weeks of your application before you get a response.
Frequently Asked Questions
What documents do you need for a Ukraine visa?
To obtain a visa for Ukraine, you will need to provide several documents including your passport, a completed visa application form, and a recent passport-style photograph. You may also be required to provide evidence of your planned itinerary and proof of sufficient funds to cover your stay in Ukraine.
How do I get a long-term visa for Ukraine?
The process for obtaining a long-term visa for Ukraine may vary depending on your nationality and purpose of travel. However, generally speaking, you will need to provide documentation proving that you have a valid reason for staying in Ukraine longer than 90 days, such as an invitation from a friend or family member who lives in the country, or proof of employment or studies in Ukraine.
How can I sponsor my family to Ukraine?
There are a few ways to sponsor your family to Ukraine. One way is to get a job in Ukraine and sponsor them as your dependents. Another way is to get married to a Ukrainian citizen and sponsor them that way. Finally, you can also apply for family reunification visas if you have close relatives that is living in Ukraine.
Is Ukraine an excellent place to live?
It depends on what you are looking for in a place to live. Ukraine has its pros and cons, just like any other country.
Some people may find that the cost of living in Ukraine is relatively low and that there are many opportunities for work and business. However, others may find that the infrastructure is not yet high enough, and the quality of life is not as high as they would like it to be.
How can I sponsor my family?
There are a few different ways to sponsor your family. One way is to get a family sponsorship visa. This visa is for people who want to support their spouse, children, parents, or siblings. You must be able to prove that you have a close relationship with the person you are sponsoring and that you can support them financially.
Another way to sponsor your family is through the refugee resettlement program. This program helps refugees who have to flee their home country.
Applying for the Ukraine family visa is relatively easy. We have supplied the requirements for both applicant and sponsor and the step-wise guide to applying for this visa type. Ensure that you get all documents ready and intact before visiting the embassy for your application.