Ukraine Study Visa – Application, Documentation and Funding
If you are considering enrolling in a Ukrainian school, you must apply for a Ukraine Study Visa. It can be a challenging process supposing you did not plan well. However, that is why we are here.
To be eligible for a Ukrainian student visa, an accredited educational institution in Ukraine must have accepted you for study. In addition, you must also possess several documents, which include a valid passport, proof of sufficient funds, and your passport-sized photographs, among others. These documents are indispensable in the application process for a Ukraine Study Visa.
Moreover, enrolling and graduating from a Ukraine-based educational institution has many benefits. You’ll find information on the advantages in this blog post.
Before applying for a Ukrainian study visa, you need to know other things such as its eligibility criteria and requirements, application procedures, validity period, processing time, and more.
Continue reading to explore more about Ukraine Study Visa.
What is a Ukraine Study Visa?
A Ukrainian Study Visa is an official document that permits foreign nationals to enter Ukraine for educational purposes. With this visa, you can stay in Ukraine for two to six years without restrictions while taking your academic program.
Reasons to Study in Ukraine
The following are a few reasons to consider enrolling in a Ukrainian educational institution.
- Ukrainian educational institutions offer high-quality education. Besides, their degree certificates are widely known throughout the globe.
- The universities in Ukraine charge inexpensive tuition fees. Aside from that, the cost of living in the country is lesser compared to other European countries.
- You don’t have to take an entrance exam for admission into a Ukrainian educational institution. This is inclusive of the reasons why its schools are renowned worldwide.
- Since almost all courses offered by Ukrainian universities are in English, you don’t have to bother about learning another language.
- Ukraine is safe for international students regardless of nationality or skin color.
- Graduates of Ukrainian universities are opportune to prolong their stay in the country.
- The climate in Ukraine is usually moderate. This implies that you can easily cope with the country’s weather conditions throughout the year.
- Ukrainian university courses are recognized in different parts of the world, including by UNESCO and WHO.
- You can easily become a permanent resident of Ukraine after completing your study program.
- There are opportunities to learn more in Ukrainian universities from visiting professors from foreign countries like the United States, UK, and Canada.
- International students enrolled in Ukrainian universities can get up to a 50% price reduction on travel.
- You’ll likely get a Ukrainian study visa if you meet all its eligibility criteria and requirements.
Ukraine Study Visa Fee
Foreign nationals who apply for a Ukrainian study visa must pay a fee of $65. The fee is their visa and is mandatory for all persons applying for it.
Processing Time of Ukraine Study Visa
It typically takes ten days to process an application for a Ukrainian study visa. You can fasten the processing time by opting for rush visa processing. However, this attracts an additional fee.
Ukraine Study Visa Requirements
You must possess original and duplicate copies of the following documents before obtaining a Ukraine student visa.
- Your original passport and a duplicate copy of its data page
- An Invitation to Study (obtainable from a Ukraine-based university)
- Your previous educational certificates
- Copies of your birth certificate
- Ukrainian Type ‘D’ visa application form that has been appropriately completed
- Passport-sized photographs of 3cm x 4cm
- Evidence of enrolment in a Ukrainian educational institution
- Proof of funds such as a six-month bank statement
- Valid travel insurance policy
- Medical health certificate showing your current health condition
- Test reports and certificates regarding HIV/AIDS
- Mark sheets of all years of study (if applicable)
Eligibility Criteria for Ukraine Study Visa
The following are the conditions to qualify for a Ukrainian study visa.
- You must possess an Invitation to Study issued by a Ukrainian educational institution.
- Your present age must be 17 on or before 31st December of the year you secure your university admission.
- You must hold all of the necessary documents for your visa application.
- It is equally important that you score not less than 50% in your last exam.
How to Get a Ukraine Study Visa
You must take the following steps below before getting a Ukrainian study visa.
- Put together all relevant documents
- Apply for Ukraine Type ‘D’ visa
- Pay your visa fee and submit the required documents
- Attend your visa interview
- Travel to Ukraine and begin your studies
Step 1: Put together all relevant documents
Before taking any other step toward getting a Ukraine Study Visa, you must first gather all documents needed to facilitate your study visa application.
Step 2: Apply for Ukraine Type’ D’ visa
The second step in getting a Ukraine Study Visa requires you to complete the application process for a Type ‘D’ visa. This type of visa authorizes foreign nationals to stay in Ukraine for a period longer than 90 days.
Before applying for the visa, ensure you’ve received an Invitation to Study from a Ukraine-based educational institution.
Step 3: Pay your visa fee and submit the required documents
Next, you must visit the Ukrainian embassy or consulate in your country of residence to submit the required documents. Be sure that all of the documents are officially certified before preparing them for submission.
You can legalize the documents at a Ukrainian diplomatic mission or get them certified with an Apostille stamp.
It is equally important that you initiate your visa fee payment before your interview at the diplomatic mission.
Step 4: Attend your visa interview
The fourth step in getting a Ukrainian study visa involves attending an interview with a consular officer at the diplomatic mission. You have to prepare for the interview as you’ll be asked many questions for clarification purposes.
Step 5: Travel to Ukraine and begin your studies
Upon approval by the Ukrainian diplomatic mission, you need to obtain your passport, which will now have a stamp that authorizes you to enter Ukraine for study purposes.
Afterward, you can schedule your international flight to a Ukrainian airport.
Duration of a Ukraine Study Visa
A Ukrainian study visa is valid for two to six years, depending on your program of study. However, it is renewable yearly in Ukraine until you graduate from your academic program.
The holder of a Ukrainian study visa can also work and study simultaneously. However, bear in mind that there are restrictions regarding their weekly working hours.
READ ALSO: Ukrainian Embassy in Canada
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who needs to get a Ukrainian study visa?
Citizens of countries that require a visa to enter Ukraine must obtain a Ukrainian student visa before they can enter the country for study purposes. These include Americans, Nigerians, Australians, Romanians, Tunisians, Vietnamese, Serbians, Pakistani, South Koreans, Italians, Indians, and Japanese.
Can I enter Ukraine to study without a visa?
Yes, nationals of Moldova, Belarus, Georgia, Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan, Russia, and Armenia can travel to Ukraine for educational purposes without a visa. Nevertheless, they must show your Invitation to Study at your port of entry.
How long does it take to get a Ukraine Study Visa?
In most cases, the entire process of getting a Ukrainian study visa takes ten days. You can even get the visa before then, supposing that you requested for its rush processing. However, you will pay a higher visa fee for choosing this option.
How long can I stay in Ukraine with a study visa?
A study visa for Ukraine is valid for two to six years, depending on your intended academic program.
How much does a Ukraine Study Visa cost?
The regular fee charged for a Ukrainian student visa is $65.
Can my application for a Ukraine Study Visa be rejected?
Yes, some factors that could influence a visa application being rejected include your ineligibility, inability to meet the requirements, your criminal history, and submitting an incomplete application. However, a Ukrainian student visa application is more likely to be approved if you can prove your academic background, financial resources, and more.
Where do I submit my Ukraine Study Visa application?
You can apply for a Ukraine Study Visa at the nearest Ukrainian embassy or consulate.
What are the top universities in Ukraine?
Some of the top Ukrainian universities include V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, Taras Schevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, National Technical University of Ukraine, Borys Grinchenko Kyiv University, Zaporizhzhya National University, and Sumy State University. These institutions are renowned for their excellent teaching quality and ranking within and outside the country.
In summary, a valid Ukrainian study visa allows you to enroll unrestrictedly in an academic program offered by a Ukraine-based educational institution. Feel free to comment below for us to know your further concerns about getting a Ukrainian study visa from any country worldwide.
Thanks for reading!