Guide on how to apply for a Ukraine Temporary Residence Permit
Are you searching for information on obtaining a Ukraine Temporary Residence Permit? This blog post discusses the permit’s eligibility criteria, requirements, processing time, validity period, and other details.
A temporary residence permit allows foreigners to stay in Ukraine without further visas. It has a one-year issuance period and is renewed yearly. The most common reasons for permission are being married to a Ukrainian citizen, working there, studying there, and doing volunteer work. The service includes all document preparation, translations, insurance, and support at the State Migration Office for submitting documents and receipt of the permit. We will remind you about the need for an extension in a year.
There are several reasons a foreign national would want to apply for a temporary residence permit in Ukraine. Perhaps you have fallen in love with the country and its people, or perhaps your partner is Ukrainian. Several ex-pats find themselves in these situations and decide to stay on a long-term basis.
Resident permits in Ukraine are only issued to foreigners who fall into specific categories, such as high education professionals, investors, certain government employees, or family members of current residents.
Obtaining one is not difficult but involves a great deal of paperwork.
Rights granted by a temporary residence permit include:
- Right to register as a private (individual) business;
- Family members’ Right to Temporary Residence Permit;
- Consumer Credit Possibility for Personal Needs;
- Legal Residency in Anywhere in Ukraine During the Term of Temporary Residence Card;
- Consumer Credit Possibility for Car or Real Estate;
- When entering or leaving Ukraine, there is no need to complete an immigration card.
Who Can Apply for a Ukraine Temporary Residence Permit?
Most foreign nationals can apply for a temporary residence permit in Ukraine. The categories of people who can apply for one of these permits are:
- Investors who have made a sizeable investment in the Ukrainian economy.
- Foreigners who have visa-free travel to Ukraine will be employed in certain fields such as education, medicine, and the arts.
- Family members of people who are already Ukrainian citizens. This includes married couples and children under the age of 18.
- Foreign nationals with a valid visa to Ukraine who has been employed there for at least one year.
- Foreigners who are the spouse or child of a Ukrainian citizen.
- Foreigners who received political asylum in Ukraine.
What Documents Are Required to Apply for a Ukraine Temporary Residence Permit?
When you apply for a temporary residence permit in Ukraine, you must provide various documents. These include:
- A valid passport – Your passport must have a minimum validity of 6 months from the date of your application.
- A certificate of completed health insurance – This is to prove that you are covered for any medical treatment you might need while in Ukraine.
- A completed Application form – You can obtain one from your local Ukrainian consulate or the State Migration Service website.
- You have a legal source of income – You must provide proof that you have sufficient funds to support yourself during your stay in Ukraine.
- Proof of accommodation – You must demonstrate that you have a place to live.
- Documents from your employer – These will prove that you have been employed in Ukraine for at least one year.
- Documents from your partner – If you are applying as the spouse of a Ukrainian citizen, you must provide proof of your relationship.
- Any documents relating to your children – If you have a child who is a Ukrainian citizen, you must provide proof.
- Any documents relating to your qualifications – If you are applying as a high education professional, you must provide proof of your qualifications.
- A bank receipt attests to the payment of the state tax.
- Photo size 4, 3,5 x 4,5-cm (4 photos).
- Tax ID number (where applicable).
Steps to Apply for a Ukraine Temporary Residence Permit
When applying for a temporary residence permit in Ukraine, you must follow the correct procedure, which will vary depending on the category of permit you are applying for. In most cases, there are three steps you will need to complete to apply for a temporary residence permit in Ukraine. These are:
- Filling in the application form – You can obtain one from your local Ukrainian consulate or the State Migration Service website.
- Appointing a Migration Service Representative – You must choose a Migration Service Representative to represent you throughout the application process. You can find one through the State Migration Service website.
- When applying for a permit at the State Migration Service – You must go with your complete application forms and documents to the nearest State Migration Service Office.
- Getting your residence permit – Once your application is approved, you can expect to receive your permit within five working days.
- Getting your residence permit card – You can expect to receive your residence permit card within three weeks of receiving your permit.
- Renewing your permit – Your permit will be valid for a year, after which you can renew it.
What to note before Applying for a Ukraine Temporary Residence Permit
- You must maintain your health insurance throughout your stay in Ukraine and provide proof of this as necessary.
- You will not be able to apply for Ukrainian citizenship while on a temporary residence permit. · You will not be able to extend your temporary residence permit.
If you wish to stay in the country for a long period, you will need to apply for a new permit each year.
- You will be expected to speak fluent Ukrainian if you are applying for a temporary residence permit as the spouse of a Ukrainian citizen.
- You will be expected to keep your address updated with the State Migration Service.
- You will be expected to report any changes to your employment or income to the State Migration Service.
- You will need to renew your permit every year.
Duration for reviewing applications
The temporary residency permit is granted within 15 days of receiving the necessary paperwork from the foreign national or stateless person.
Duration of a document’s validity
Except for the following, a temporary residency permit is provided for a year with the potential of exchange:
- For the duration specified in the employment contract, Foreign nationals and stateless people who entered Ukraine with the intent to work must be given a temporary residence visa.
- Foreign nationals and stateless persons who entered Ukraine for the international technical assistance project shall be granted temporary residence permits for the project implementation.
- Foreign nationals and stateless people who are founders, participants, beneficiary owners, or controllers of a legal business registered in Ukraine may use their temporary residence permit for two years.
- Foreigners and stateless people who came to Ukraine to study must be awarded a temporary residence permit for the duration of their studies, as specified by order of the educational institution establishing the international students’ academic term.
How Much Does it Cost to get Ukraine’s Temporary Residence Permit?
However, The overall cost for the first year should be between $2000 and $5000. The low end of this estimate requires that you complete everything yourself, receive free assistance from a friend, and find someone who will let you register yourself at their address. The top end of this spectrum shows that you have assistance at every stage. I hope this helps you understand what to plan for financially.
What could cause the cancellation of your temporary residency permit:
- a person who submitted a fake document or fraudulent information to the state migration service;
- if the residence permit is no longer valid (for example, if the person’s employment or studies are terminated);
- if an inquiry is ongoing following a crime committed by a foreigner;
- If foreigners threaten Ukrainian citizens;
- Eventually, if a judge orders the foreigner to be expelled from Ukraine.
The cost of a temporary residence permit is often determined by the purpose of the permit, the location of the registered residence (address), and other factors. However, legal fees for short-term residency are usually fixed and cover state fees, passport translation costs, and health insurance.
See Also: Top 8 Reasons To Visit Ukraine – Culture, Art and Experience
Frequently Asked Questions
What does it take to get a job in Ukraine as a foreigner?
It is not easy to get a job in Ukraine as a foreigner. You must have good qualifications, be fluent in Ukrainian, and have experience working in a foreign country.
What is the TRC card in Ukraine?
TRC card Ukraine is a plastic card used for electronic payments in Ukraine. It is similar to the standard plastic debit or credit cards. The TRC card is accepted at most stores and restaurants in Ukraine.
How long is a residence permit valid for?
A residence permit is valid for one year.
How can I increase my TRC in Ukraine?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the TRC in Ukraine will vary depending on your situation and background. However, some tips that will be useful and there are:
- Invest in your language skills. Learning Ukrainian can help you build stronger ties with locals and make more connections in business and social circles.
- Stay connected to your roots.
Ex-pats can stay longer in Ukraine with the help of a temporary residency permit while choosing whether to seek citizenship. Several different permit types are available depending on your situation, meaning there is something for everyone. For example, suppose you are considering applying for a temporary residence permit in Ukraine.
However, applicants should be aware of the documents needed and the procedure they will need to follow. With these in mind, nothing is stopping you from making Ukraine your new home.