If you want to have firsthand information about the Ukrainian Embassy in Canada, or you have related questions such as Ukrainian Embassy in Ottawa, Ukrainian Embassy in Toronto or any other city in Canada, you have come to the right place. So far as your stay in Canada is legitimate and you have genuine reasons for accessing an embassy, your request will be granted.
Generally speaking, on this page, you will get the right information available regarding, not just the Ukrainian Embassy in Canada, but also the Canadian embassy in Ukraine. That aside, you will get the information regarding the address and contact of the two embassies. Here, we go!
In this article
- What is an Embassy?
- About Ukraine
- Ukrainian Embassy in Canada
- Ukrainian Embassy in Ottawa
- Ukrainian Embassy in Toronto
- Authentication or Legalization of Documents
- Canadian Embassy in Ukraine
- Canadian Embassy in Kyiv, Ukraine
- Consulate of Canada in Lviv
- Services offered at the Embassy of Canada in Ukraine
- Passport Services at the Canadian Embassy in Ukraine
- Visa application at the Canadian Embassy in Ukraine
- Things to Know while Planning a Trip to Ukraine
What is an Embassy?
Basically, an embassy is a headquarters for a country’s government representative in a foreign country. It is typically led by an ambassador and is located in the capital city of the host country. In addition, an embassy may have branches in the host country known as consulates. Considerably, these consulates are usually established in other cities to carry out the same or some of the duties as the embassy.
Primarily, the purpose of establishing an embassy is to assist the citizens of the country who live, work, study or do other things in the host country. Furthermore, an attack on the embassy is seen as an attack on the country it represents. More so, the representatives of the host country do not have the right to enter the embassy without permission.
For the record, Ukraine is a country located in Eastern Europe. After Russia, it is the second-largest country on the continent. More importantly, Ukraine is a safe country for travellers. In addition, popular destinations in the country include Kiev, Kyiv, Lviv and the coastal town of Odesa which are relatively cool and worth visiting. However, due to the war with Russia, some areas around the southeast of the country are troubled.
Another interesting thing about Ukraine is its beauty. Remarkably, it has a diverse landscape, with well-preserved culture and tradition. It also has great travelling connections to most European countries due to its position. By and large, you can easily access the country via trains, boats, buses and planes.
Interestingly, coffee is a major tradition in Ukraine which every visitor must respect. Again, one of the most remarkable cuisines is borsch. Others are banosh, korovai, paska, holders, homemade sausages, and so on. Their dishes are generally flavoured with most of them containing a good amount of heating process.
If you enjoy outdoor activities, you might love to visit Ukraine as it has several green zones. Moreover, all cities in the country have parks and recreation points where you can relax with friends and family.
There are many Ukrainians in Canada, ably represented in many provinces. People from Ukraine move to Canada through 2 popular methods: study and direct immigration.
Ukrainian Embassy in Canada
The Ukrainian Embassy in Canada runs an inclusive range of services to local, Ukrainian and international. Some of the services the citizens of Ukraine can access through the embassy or consulate include:
- General or specific information regarding Ukrainian economy, culture, sports, education and more
- Information regarding requirements and processing of getting Ukrainian Citizenship
- Application of Ukrainian visa (visa service)
Police clearance check from Ukraine
- Authentication or legalization of documents
- Immigration to Ukraine
The headquarters of the Ukrainian is in Ottawa, while the consulate is in Toronto.
Ukrainian Embassy in Ottawa
Address: 310 Somerset St. West, Ottawa, ON, K2P 0J9, Canada
Telephone: +1 613 230 29 61
Email: [email protected]
Office Hours: Monday – Friday: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Ukrainian Embassy in Toronto
301-2275 Lake Shore Blvd West, Toronto, ON, M8V 3Y3
Email: [email protected]
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 9:30 am – 4:30 pm: 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Authentication or Legalization of Documents
Basically, Canadian documents must be authenticated and legalized before they can be recognized in Ukraine. More so, if you are a Canadian and need your documents to be legalized, you will have to visit Global Affairs Canada to carry it out. And so, when you have legalized them, you can send them through to the Embassy. Equally important, you must include a copy of your ID, application and processing fee.
In addition, you must pay the consular fee by money order or check which is certified in the name of the Embassy of Ukraine to Canada. Thus, the fee includes:
- 67 CAD for each personal document for a regular procedure which involves 5 working days
- 133 CAD for each document of legal entities for the regular procedure of 5 working days.
However, if it involves a matter of urgency, it can be authenticated in two working days and the processing fee doubles. On the other hand, if the document originates from Ukraine, there is no need for authenticating or legalizing it.
Canadian Embassy in Ukraine
The Embassy of Canada in Ukraine is located in Kyiv, while the consulate of Canada is located in Lviv.
Canadian Embassy in Kyiv, Ukraine
Address: 13A Kostelna Street,
Telephone: 380 (44) 590-3100
Email: [email protected]
Office Hours: Monday – Friday: 8:30 am t0 1:00 pm; 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
Consulate of Canada in Lviv
Address: 2 A Bohomoltstia Street,
Services offered at the Embassy of Canada in Ukraine
The services Ukrainian citizens can get from their country’s embassy in Canada include:
- Helping companies do business with Canada
- Services for Canadian companies in Ukraine
- Defense Relations
- Academic and Cultural Relations
- Assistance to Canadians
- Information relating to studying in Canada, etc.
Passport Services at the Canadian Embassy in Ukraine
Technically, to process your passport at the Canadian Embassy in Ukraine, you will need to bring a completed form, passport photos and the required documents, together with the proof of payment to the office. Besides, the processing time for passport at Ukrainian Embassy takes place within 20 working days. However, if your document is incomplete or missing or the photograph did not meet up to the current standards, it may lead to a delay in the issuance of the passport. Sometimes, it may lead to total rejection of the application.
Visa application at the Canadian Embassy in Ukraine
For the record, Canadians do not need a visa to Ukraine for any journey with touristy purposes of up to 90 days.
Things to Know while Planning a Trip to Ukraine
- Check the current validity of your passport. Certainly, it is good to make sure your passport has six months validity before embarking on any journey
- Make sure your passport has blank pages for your visa. To be precise, the essence of having the blank pages is to enable the officers to have a blank page for any necessary stamps upon your arrival or departure. Besides, it is recommendable for you to have two blank pages in the visa section of your passport at all times.
- Confirm if a transit visa is needed for any connections. Considerably, you can do this by checking with the airline you are to board if there are any connecting flights overseas as part of your journey. Thus, the countries you pass through en route to your destination (Ukraine) may need a separate transit visa.
Hopefully, you were able to get the information you needed on this page. And so, we implore you to hit the share button to help in reaching out to others on your contact.