The Undergraduate Admission Requirements At Evergreen College from anywhere around the world is very easy and simple. International high school students must take the courses needed to gain admission to a university in their home country. Compare your studies to the preparatory course work described for freshman applicants and make sure that you have taken classes in composition, mathematics, geography and culture, science, and a foreign language, like English, must also complete a variety of courses in the Arts and Sciences for example: the humanities, social sciences, natural science, and art. Compare your studies to the admission requirements for transfer applicants. See webpage for more details.
English Language Proficiency As Part Of The Undergraduate Admission Requirements At Evergreen College
If English is not your native language, we also consider your English language proficiency. The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) are generally required. The minimum score on the TOEFL is 550 (paper), or 79 (iBT). The minimum Overall Band Score on the IELTS is 6.
The following applicants are not required to provide official TOEFL or IELTS scores if:
- Freshman applicants: If English is your primary language of instruction, submit an official set of test scores from either the ACT or the SAT. An ACT composite score of 24 or an SAT combined Critical Reading and Math composite score of 1100 are acceptable.
- Transfer applicants: studying in the U.S. may substitute English Composition 101 and English Composition 102 with a “B” grade (3.0) in both courses and a total of 40 transferable quarter-hour credits.
International students may enroll in courses and programs offered on the Olympia Campus only and may not register for the Tacoma Program or the Tribal Programs.
How To Apply For Undergraduate Admission
- Must download and Complete the application for admission and pay the $50 (U.S.) non-refundable application fee.
- Applicant must provide the official academic transcripts from all secondary schools and colleges or universities attended. Usually these transcripts are sent by the school or college directly to Evergreen. If your primary language of instruction is not English, official academic transcripts will need to be translated by a certified service (PDF). The service you select should send the translated, official transcripts directly to Evergreen.
- Must request your test scores as described in the English language proficiency section above.
- An Application Statement (PDF) is optional, but it will hep us understand your background and interests better.
After you have been admitted
After you’ve been admitted to Evergreen you will need to provide a financial statement, which is required in order to issue your immigration paperwork. The form for the financial statement will be sent to you by the Office of Admissions. The financial statement should show that you have access to at least $36,000 (U.S.) to pay the normal cost of attendance for one year at Evergreen. Detailed information about these costs can be found on the Costs & Aid page.Share with friends