You will certainly to get the best education and training when you attend any of the universities in Manitoba, the top universities in Manitoba have world class academic status, consequently, are ranked amongst the best academic institutions both in Canada and the world at large.
Furthermore, the universities in Manitoba grants you access to the best education and training needed for you to thrive and stand-out in today’s competitive job market, giving you the opportunity to succeed in your career and personal life.
The province of Manitoba boasts a great array of very standard institutions, in addition to the right kind of programs. Similarly, the educators and instructors at Manitoba are top-notched and highly qualified; whose dedication is to work with you till you reach your maximum potential.
The following under listed universities in Manitoba and colleges are designated by Manitoba province to admit international students.
Table of Contents
- 1 Designated Universities in Manitoba
- 2 Designated Colleges in Manitoba
- 3 Designated Faith-Based Colleges
- 4 Top 5 Universities in Manitoba
- 5 Criteria for Ranking Universities in Manitoba
- 6 What is a DLI
- 7 The University of Manitoba
- 8 University of Winnipeg
- 9 Brandon University
- 10 Canadian Mennonite University
- 11 Université de Saint-Boniface
Designated Universities in Manitoba
- Booth University College
- Brandon University
- Canadian Mennonite University
- Providence University College
- University College of the North
- Université de Saint-Boniface
- University of Manitoba
- University of Winnipeg
Designated Colleges in Manitoba
- Assiniboine Community College
- École Technique et Professionnelle
- International College of Manitoba
- Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology
- Red River College
Designated Faith-Based Colleges
- Canadian Baptist Bible College
- Living Word Bible College & Christian High School
- Andrew’s College
- Steinbach Bible College
Top 5 Universities in Manitoba
|University of Manitoba||1||Winnipeg|
|The University of Winnipeg||2||Winnipeg|
|Canadian Mennonite University||4||Winnipeg|
|Universite’ de Saint-Boniface||5||Winnipeg|
Firstly, the universities must be chartered, licensed or accredited by the appropriate Canadian higher education-related organization
Criteria for Ranking Universities in Manitoba
- Secondly, it must be offering and admitting students to at least four years undergraduate degree programs (bachelor degrees) or postgraduate degree programs (master or doctoral degrees).
- Thirdly, it should deliver courses and handle its programs and trainings predominantly based the traditional, face-to-face, non-distance education style.
What is a DLI
A DLI is an institution approved by the provincial government permitted to host by accepting and admitting international students. Moreover, more information concerning DLIs in Manitoba and a complete list of DLIs can be obtained by visiting the IRCC
The University of Manitoba
According to rankings; the University of Manitoba ranks number one amongst other universities in Manitoba province, therefore sits at the table as the best university in Manitoba, Canada.
About University of Manitoba
First on the list of 5 top Universities in Manitoba is the the University of Manitoba, commonly referred to as “U of M”, “UManitoba”, or “UM”. It was founded as a non-denominational, public research university located in the province of Manitoba in 1877. Likewise, it is the first university in western Canada.
Additionally, by total student enrolment and campus area, the University of Manitoba is the largest university in the province of Manitoba and also the 17th largest in Canada. It similarly, comprises of numerous faculties offering hundreds of degree programs.
The university is reputed as a top research intensive, post-secondary educational institution, conducting more research yearly than all other universities in the region; additionally, its competitive academic and research programs have consistently been ranked amongst the best in the Canadian Prairies region.
University of Manitoba Ranking
|U.S News & World Report Global||390|
Programs at University of Manitoba
The university undertakes both graduate and undergraduate programs, as a result, awards bachelor and doctorate degrees in several hundreds of disciplines.
University of Manitoba grants awards to 49 Doctoral programs and 95 Master’s Degree programs, ranging from Applied Health Sciences, Disability Studies or Peace and Conflict Studies. Furthermore, at the University of Manitoba, you also have the opportunity to design your own interdisciplinary program depending on your interest and career path.
How to Apply U of M
The following steps are easy to follow procedure to make application to University of Manitoba
- Find your program
- Admission Requirements
- Deadlines and apply online
- Check Application status, accept offer and register
Admission Requirements at U of M
To be enrolled in a graduate program at the University of Manitoba:
- Firstly, you are required to demonstrate English language proficiency
- Secondly, you must have obtained a four year bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized university or college with at least a B average (3.0) in the final 60 credit hours.
Tuition Fees at U of M
For all information about program specific fees please visit the link below: Graduate tuition and fees
University of Winnipeg
The second on the list of 5 top Universities in Manitoba is the University of Winnipeg commonly referred to as UWinnipeg or UW. This university is a public-designated research university located in the provincial capital of Winnipeg, Manitoba.
The university offers undergraduate faculties of art, business and economics, education, science, and kinesiology, and applied health as well as graduate programs.
Also, UWinnipeg was established by the merging of Manitoba College and Wesley College, to form United College in 1938. Thereafter, the University of Winnipeg was established in 1967 when United College received its charter.
Admission Requirements at University of Winnipeg
The first on the list for admission requirements is the English language test. However, the University of Winnipeg does not accept English language tests older than two years.
Tuition and other fees
To consider more information concerning tuition fees at the University of Winnipeg by specific programs, please visit the link: International Tuition
For further information regarding the University of Winnipeg, please visit the link: University Of Winnipeg
Third on the list of top universities in Manitoba is Brandon University located in the city of Brandon, Manitoba, with an enrollment of about 3375 as of 2020 for both full-time and part-time undergraduate and graduate students.
In addition, Brandon University has a student-to-faculty ratio of 11 to 1, also sixty percent of all its classes have fewer than 20 students.
Likewise, the current location was founded on July 13, 1899, as Brandon College and as a Baptist institution.
Application requirements to Brandon University
- Your English language proficiency test scores must be sent in a sealed envelope from the examining authority, However, TOEFL may also be submitted electronically directly through TOEFL (ETF) id preferably.
- GCE: You must have passed in at least five different subjects of which at least two subjects must be passed at the Advanced level or have passed in four different subjects of which at least three subjects must be passed at the Advanced level.
For more information on Brandon University, please visit the link: Brandon University Admission
Canadian Mennonite University
Fourth on the list of 5 top universities in Manitoba is the Canadian Mennonite University (CMU). This is a private-oriented Mennonite university located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, with an enrollment of about 1607 students.
Meanwhile, the university chartered in 1999 and operates from the Shaftesbury campus in southwest Winnipeg, as well as from Menno Simons College in addition to the campus at The University of Winnipeg.
Degree awarding programs at CMU include the following:
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Science
- Business Administration
- Music Therapy
- Master of Arts in Theological Studies or Christian Ministry
- Master of Business Administration
Schools and Colleges at CMU
- Canadian School of Peacebuilding
- Community School of Music & the Arts
- Menno Simons College
- Outtatown School of Discipleship
- Redekop School of Business
Admission Requirements at CMU
- The criteria for Admissions assessments will only be available to those who have submitted an application and thereafter, paid the required application fee.
- Your electronic official transcripts are expected to be submitted to CMU directly from your institution of study for CMU to conduct an official admissions assessment. However, If electronic copies are not sent directly from your institution or cannot be verified, hard copies must, therefore, be sent directly from your institution.
- You will receive Letters of Conditional Acceptance when you begin applying for a study permit and visa. Nevertheless, this will be provided only when conditional acceptance is granted.
How to apply for online Canadian Mennonite University
Firstly, fill out an application form as a Canadian citizen or international student
As an International student: Applications for international students begin in the Fall of October 1, 2022.
Nevertheless, a non-refundable CAD150 application fee is required. Furthermore, if you are an international student already studying in Canada with a valid student permit, you can apply for the Winter semester by November 1, 2022.
Secondly, Check the application portal for required documents always.
- An unofficial transcript may be uploaded during your application.
- Note, however, that original official final transcripts will be required for final admission. This must be submitted directly from your institution of study by mail or delivered in person.
There are almost 400 scholarships and bursaries on offer to students at CMU. Consequently, in the 2019-20 academic year, over 50% of CMU’s students got some amount of scholarship or bursary. Therefore, don’t be shy to apply.
Application deadline for scholarships is:
- February 28.
The bursary application deadline is:
- May 31 (international students)
- July 20 (domestic students).
For more information on CMU requirements visit the link: Canadian Mennonite University
Université de Saint-Boniface
The fifth on the list of 5 top universities in Manitoba is the Université de Saint-Boniface (USB). This university is a French language public university located in the Saint Boniface neighborhood of Winnipeg, Manitoba. In addition, it is affiliated to the University of Manitoba.
The university offers general and specialized university degree programs, which includes both technical and professional training. For instance, it enrolled 1,368 regular students in 2014.
- This includes English Proficiency
- Students from Manitoba: Students from Manitoba must have obtained a high school diploma with a minimum of 5 credits at the S, G or U levels in grade 12.
- Students from Other Canadian Provinces: Every other students must ensure to satisfy the general admission requirements as well as those specific to their chosen program. However, USB accepts all high school grades equivalent to Manitoba Grade 12.
- Graduates from a Non-Canadian High School: For applicants who have graduated from a high school outside of Canada, see the equivalencies by country list.
How to Apply to USB
- Firstly: Choose your program
- Secondly: Check the deadlines
- Thirdly: Determine your status: regular, mature, visiting, special students e.t.c
- Fourthly: Fill out your application
- Fifth: Submit your documents
Deadlines for submitting Application
- Bachelor of Arts (General), and (Honours) in French
- Fall Term: July 1
- Master of Arts in Canadian Studies (Online)
- Fall Term: June 1
- Winter Term: October 1
- Intersession: February 1