Studying at Wycliffe College could be one of your greatest efforts in boosting your career. However, you need to consider meeting Wycliffe College admission requirements in Toronto, Canada if you intend to study affordably.
Wycliffe College is a theological post-secondary institution or seminary with affiliation with the University of Toronto (UofT).
More so, there are vast benefits you will gain from studying at Wycliffe College. Besides, Wycliffe College is one of the cheapest theological educational institutions in Canada.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why study at the Wycliffe College University of Toronto?
- 2 U of T Wycliffe College programs of study
- 3 U of T Wycliffe College tuition fees for international students
- 4 Wycliffe College admission requirements in Toronto, Canada
- 5 Wycliffe College application deadline for admissions
- 6 FAQs about Wycliffe College admission requirements in Toronto, Canada
Why study at the Wycliffe College University of Toronto?
Below are reasons why you should consider staying at Wycliffe College Canada.
- Low-priced tuition
- Availability of student financial aids
- Wycliffe College enables you to study and worship at the same time
- Access to online and in-person classes
- Wycliffe College courses and programs are inspiring
- Top-quality education
- Wycliffe College residence for students is very affordable, which offers immense savings to you.
- You will easily get acquainted with the college and community through several orientation programs and activities.
- Wycliffe College gives you aid in receiving updates about your studies, enrolling for classes, securing financial support, etc.
- You will be opportune to learn in a superb faculty consisting of preeminent professors in different fields of study.
- Wycliffe College staff are helpful to students all through their studies. Besides, it’s faculty and staff are extremely committed to facilitating the spiritual and academic affairs of students.
- Studying at Wycliffe College will mandate you to live in Toronto, which comprises of various cultures. Hence, you will get great experiences studying and residing, as well as in various unique events.
- Wycliffe College is engaging its students via daily chapel services, weekly community dinners, etc.
- In addition, Wycliffe College will help you in strengthening your faith. You will also receive aid towards achieving your professional objectives.
U of T Wycliffe College programs of study
The following are certificates, diplomas, Master’s and doctoral (PhD) programs available to students at Wycliffe College Canada.
- DipCS – Diploma in Christian Studies
- Certificate in Theological Studies
- CAS – Certificate in Anglican Studies
- Certificate in Missional Leadership and Formation
- ThM – Master of Theology
- MTS – Master of Theological Studies
- MA Theological Studies
- MDiv – Master of Divinity
- MTSD – Master of Theological Studies in Development
- Combined program in Master of Divinity (MDiv) and Master of Theological Studies (MTS)
- DMIN – Doctor of Ministry
- PhD in Theological Studies
U of T Wycliffe College tuition fees for international students
Here are the tuition fees applicable to international students at Wycliffe College Canada.
|Wycliffe College programs of study||Tuition for each Wycliffe College course except Incidental Fees ($ Canadian Dollars)||Incidental Fees per Academic Year ($ Canadian Dollars)
|Est. Starting Bursary for each Academic Year ($ Canadian Dollars)|
|Master of Divinity (MDiv) or Master of Theological Studies (MTS) – Full-time||2,485 (4 to 6 courses per academic term)||TBA||Not less than 4,500|
|Part-Time||(1 to 3 courses per academic term)||”||Minimum of 560|
|Certificate in Anglican Studies (CAS) or Diploma in Christian Studies (DipCS) – Full-Time||2,485 (4 to 6 courses per academic term)||”||TBA|
|Part-Time||(1 to 3 courses per term)||”||”|
|Master of Theology (ThM) (Full-time)||3,750 per course (3 to 6 courses for each academic term)||383.38||Not less than 3,000|
|Part-Time||3,750 per course (1 to 2 courses per academic term)||112.90||At least 1,000|
|MA (full-time studies from Fall term to Winter term)||24,975 yearly
|PhD||”||”||Minimum of 6,000 per academic year|
Wycliffe College admission requirements in Toronto, Canada
A number of criteria and conditions are used to evaluate eligibility before Wycliffe College considers students for admission. Therefore, you need to ensure that you satisfy the admission requirements for the program you want to apply for at Wycliffe College.
Admission requirements for professional degree programs at Wycliffe College, Toronto
Below are the admission requirements of Wycliffe College diplomas, certificates, MTS, as well as MDiv program
- First of all, you are required to pay an application fee of $50 Canadian Dollars
- Secondly, you must have graduated from a Bible college accredited by the Toronto School of Theology (TST) or from a recognized post-secondary institution with a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline. Moreover, you need to attain an average of not less than B- (70%).
- In addition, you are required to provide three (3) references, which include a supervisor, pastor, and academician. Hence, if you are unable to provide one of the required references, you may submit a second reference from a different person.
However, the Wycliffe College admissions office will directly send a standard form and cover letter to each of your references. You need to get in touch with your references to guarantee receipt and timely submission of the form and cover letter.
Proof of English proficiency requirements for international applicants of Wycliffe College University of Toronto
Non-Canadian, also known as international students must enroll in an approved English proficiency test. This requirement applies to all international students who are yet to complete a degree program in the English language.
Thus, you need to demonstrate your English language competencies by taking any of the following tests.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): Minimum Paper-Based Test (PBT) score of 580 & Test of Written English score of 5; TOEFL internet-Based Test (iBT) overall score not less than 93 with a score not below 22 in writing & speaking sections.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): Minimum score of 7.0
- Academic Preparation Level 60 (Advanced): This program is availed by the University of Toronto’s School of Continuing Studies. However, you must achieve a least score of B.
NOTE: On certain occasions, Wycliffe College Director of Professional Graduate Degree may request other means to assess your skills in the English language.
Admission requirements for graduate degree programs at Wycliffe College (Graduate Centre for Theological Studies – GCTS)
Wycliffe College requires applicants of its Master of Arts in Theology (MA) and Master of Theology (ThM) to provide the following;
- First of all, you need to pay CAD $125 as application fee
- Secondly, you must have completed a 3-year undergraduate degree program from a licensed Toronto School of Theology Bible college or from a reputable post-secondary institution
- Besides, if you desire to apply for Wycliffe College Ph.D. or DMin program, you must have completed a Master’s degree with an average, not below A- (80%)
- More so, Wycliffe College only accepts official transcripts of study that were sent directly by your previous institution to Toronto School of Theology’s mailing address.
- You also need to provide two (2) academic references that sincerely state your capability to undergo a graduate degree program.
Proof of English proficiency requirements for graduate degree programs at Wycliffe College, Toronto
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): Minimum Computer-Based Test (CBT) overall score of 250; internet-based Test (iBT) least overall score of 93 with not less than 22 in writing and speaking sections; Paper-Based Test (PBT) overall score not below 600 with Test of Written English (TWE) least score of 5.0.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic: Overall score not below 7.0; No component not less than 6.5.
- Certificate of Proficiency in English (COPE): Minimum overall score of 76 with at least 22 in each component and 32 in writing
- Least Grade of B in Academic Preparation Level 60 (Advanced) in University of Toronto’s School of Continuing Studies English Language Program or its equivalent.
Admission requirement for Wycliffe College PhD programs
- To successfully apply for Wycliffe College’s doctoral program, you need to make provision of an academic writing sample (.doc or PDF) with pages ranging from 20 to 50.
Wycliffe College application deadline for admissions
- For January term 2022: October 31, 2021.
Conclusively, acting in accordance with Wycliffe College admission requirements in Toronto, Canada will help you become eligible for enrollment into your preferred study program.
FAQs about Wycliffe College admission requirements in Toronto, Canada
Wycliffe College address: 5 Hoskin Ave,
Toronto, ON M5S 1H7, Canada
- A valid passport
- Wycliffe College letter of admission confirmation that contains your study program, registration due date, as well as program length
- Proof of funds such as bank statements, student loan documents, financial aids documents, among others.