Certainly, the Zaireans in Canada get the needed help from the Zairean Embassy in Canada from Monday to Friday weekly.
In case you don’t know Zaire is the old name of the country popularly called Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Despite the country not having any consulate office outside the embassy in Ottawa, Canada, Zairians in Canada are well served.
Interestingly, the Zairians in Canada have the privilege to apply for jobs in Zairian Embassy in Canada from published Vacancies.
However the Canadians planning to visit Zaire are well attended to by the Embassy likewise possible exchange of resourceful information.
This article will also expose the Canadians to brief history of Zaire and it current state because it could be helpful.
In this article
- What is an Embassy?
- About Zaire
- Address (es) of Zairian Embassy in Canada
- Zairian/Congolese Embassy in Canada Contact Details
- Addresses of Canadian Consular in Zaire
- Top 3 services provided by the embassy of Zairian in Canada
- Visa Services
- Legalization of Documents
- List of Documents that can be legalized in the Zairian embassy in Canada
- Passport services
- Steps to apply for passport in Zairean embassy in Canada
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is an Embassy?
Embassy is a symbolic representation of government activities of a country in another country. For instance the Embassy of Zaire in Canada represents the government of Zaire in Canada. All communications of government are channel through the embassy because they are usually first point of call in all situation.
Additionally, the embassy is usually is headed by an Ambassador or a high commissioner appointed by the president. The embassy is mostly located in the Country’s capital or top largest cities in the country. In situation where the number of citizens living the host country is much, consulates are usually established for efficient services.
Zaire was officially called the republic of Zaire; the country is located in the African continent. Zaire was the name of a sovereign state between 1971 and 1997 in Central Africa but now called Democratic Republic of the Congo. It is the most-populous officially Francophone country in Africa, with a population of 89 million as at year 2020. The country is the fourth by population in the African continent.
The country’s capital is Kinshasa; it is also the largest in the country, it official language is French. The recognized national languages are Lingala, Kikongo, Swahili and Tshiluba, the official national Currency is Zaïre (ZRN) or Congolese franc.
The country is blessed with natural resources like diamonds, gold, copper, cobalt, tin ore, coltan, timber, coffee and oil. More so, these resources are untapped, expert estimated them to worth $24 trillion currently, the unemployment rate is 4.055%. The country is economically viable and highly promising to be self sufficient is the resources are well harnessed and managed.
Address (es) of Zairian Embassy in Canada
Zaire was the old name so the address available for the embassy in Canada carries the name Congolese Embassy. Find below the address.
18 Range Road
Ottawa, ON K1N 8J3
Zairian/Congolese Embassy in Canada Contact Details
In case you wish to contact the embassy to book an appointment or get prior information, find the contact details:
Telephone: (+1) 613 230 6582
Fax: (+1) 613 230 1945
Email: [email protected]ca
Monday to Friday between 10:00 and 14:00, the hours may alter due to Covid-19 pandemic restrictions.
Addresses of Canadian Consular in Zaire
17, Pumbu Avenue
Democratic Republic of Congo
The Embassy of Canada
P.O. Box 8341
Kinshasa 1, Democratic Republic of Congo
Tel: (243) 99 60 21 500
Fax: (243) 99 60 21 510 or (243) 99 60 21 511
Email: [email protected]
Official working hours
Monday to Thursday: 07:30 – 12:30 and 13:30 – 16:00
Friday: 07:30 – 13:00.
Notably, all Canadians and Zairian/Congolese holidays are observed jointly so the embassies are not open officially in those days.
Top 3 services provided by the embassy of Zairian in Canada
The Zairian/Congolese embassy in Canada provides various services to both her citizens and the Canadian efficiently. This article will focus on top three (3) services provided which includes:
- Visa services
- Legalization of Documents
- Passport services
The Zairian/Congolese embassy in Canada offer visa services to Canadian planning to Canada either on short or long term basis. The visa fee depends if it a single or multiple entry option and duration of stay in the country. The minimum amount for visa is $234 for up to 15 days stay on single entry option. The steps below should be followed to enable you get your visa with ease:
- Go to the website of the Embassy of the DRC in Ottawa, click on the “Visas and legalizations” tab,
- Carefully read the information contained in the section “Types of visas and conditions”,
- Go to ” VISA APPLICATION FORM ” and complete the form that appears on your screen (note, the form must be carefully completed with block letters, any false declaration will result in the rejection of the application),
- Print the completed form and sign it where indicated on the second page (at the bottom of the page). Attach the “additional documents” requested depending on the purpose of your trip
- Enclose with all these documents, in an envelope, your passport as well as the costs foreseen for the treatment of your file and the granting of the visa (see the heading “administrative costs”),
- If you live outside of Ottawa, also attach a stamped envelope for returning your passport,
- Put the whole file in a large envelope at the following address: “Embassy of the Democratic Republic of Congo in Canada, N ° 18, Range Road, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1N 8J3
- Go to the Post Office and send your envelope or go directly to the Embassy at the address given above and drop off your envelope.
- Wait for your passport to be returned to you on time (see the “processing times” section).
Legalization of Documents
The Zairian/Congolese embassy in Canada offer document legalization services to her citizens in Canada for maximum of 15 working days. However on emergency purposes the embassy can speed it up for maximum of 5 days.
The fee for document legalization is $ 50 per page while that of emergency is $75 per page, only original documents are legalized. Point of note on legalization of Driver license, you must prove that you were on Congolese territory on the date of obtaining the driving license.
List of Documents that can be legalized in the Zairian embassy in Canada
Find below the list of documents that can be legalized by the embassy in Ottawa for the Zairians living in Canada.
- Passport application.
- Visa application.
- Birth certificate.
- Request for certificate or copy of birth certificate
- Consular card.
- Registration form.
- Certificate of study stay in Canada.
- Certificate of correspondence of names.
- Certificate of celibacy.
- Certificate of customs.
- Driver’s license authentication.
- Legalization of powers of attorney.
- Legalization of fingerprints for the purpose of obtaining a criminal record.
- Certified true copy.
- Authorization for the transfer and burial of bodies in the DRC.
- Agreement with the Government of Quebec on the terms of allocation. Quebec exemptions from additional tuition fees.
In case you are wondering on how to apply for passport at Zairian embassy in Canada. The Zairian embassy in Canada offer the service to her citizens, you just need to follow the procedures.
In year 2021 the Congolese embassy has the following conditions for new passport applicants though might reviewed this year. The conditions are as follows:
- Passport applications will be done STRICTLY by appointment ONLY.
- Passport appointments are to be scheduled on http://www.ambardcusa.org This is done by click on “Consular Services and then click on the blue box that says “Book an Appointment”.
- Passport applications will be done on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10AM to 3PM (except public holidays).
- Application form must be downloaded and completed and all documents should be attached before visiting the embassy.
Steps to apply for passport in Zairean embassy in Canada
Undoubtedly, if these steps are followed and documents are attached as instructed, your passport will be processed and delivered.
- Visit ambardcusa.org to download the passport application form and fill all relevant sections.
- Attach all relevant documents like Copy of Green card, Employment Authorization, Work Permit or I-20 for students. Also attach two recent passport photos.
- Make payment of $100 by money order option.
- Provide a pre-paid return mailing envelope with stamps and tracking number to mail the passport when it ready. Preferably use FedEx or USPS.
Note, if the COVID-19 regulations are still in place this year 2022 then are advised to follow them strictly. The safety regulations are as follows:
- Wearing a face mask at all times.
- Maintain a social distance of 6 feet for the safety of the applicants and the embassy staff.
- Please do not come to the embassy if you are sick or have any symptoms of the Corona virus.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to get job in Zairian Embassy in Canada?
The Zairians or Congolese can get jobs in the Zairian Embassy in Canada provided they are eligible for the job. Most times tests or exams and interview are conducted to select qualified Candidates when job vacancies are published.
Do Zairians need visa to visit Canada?
Yes they need visa before they can visit the country likewise when Canadians wants to enter the country. Luckily both embassies provides visa services to the citizens of the host country.
Vital information has been provided in this article that will assist the Zairians and Canadians in getting help in Canada.
It is my wish that you will find this information helpful and share it with your friends and families. You can also drop a comment in the box below.. Thanks.