The Zimbabwean Embassy in Canada ensures that more than the 15,000 Zimbabweans living in Canada are well protected and comfortable. However the duties of the embassy are not limited to Zimbabweans alone but also to Canadians intending to visit Zimbabwe.
Undoubtedly, categories of Zimbabweans like students, investors, workers etc intend to be in Canada or are in Canada already. Probably you don’t know what an embassy is, the services it provides nor where it is located in Canada.
This article will provide you with detailed information and all the help you can get from Zimbabwean Embassy in Canada.
In this article
- What is an Embassy?
- About Zimbabwe
- Few facts about Zimbabwe
- Address of Zimbabwean Embassy in Canada
- Zimbabwean Embassy in Canada Contact Details
- Official working hours:
- Addresses of Canadian Consular in Zimbabwe
- Official working hours
- Top six (6) services offered by the Zimbabwean Embassy in Canada
- Visa services
- Citizenship registration
- Passport services
- Driver’s license
- Diaspora land Applications
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is an Embassy?
An embassy is an organization that is headed by an ambassador or a high commissioner. It represents the entire government of a country in another country administratively, politically and other bilateral activities.
In a simple term Zimbabwean Embassy in Canada represent the Zimbabwe government and it citizens in Canada. The ambassador or high Commissioner of Zimbabwe to Canada acts as the president of Zimbabwe in Canada.
Additionally, all communications between the two governments are channel through the embassy. The Zimbabweans in Canada get all the guides and orientation about Canada from the embassy. Services like Visa, citizenship, passport services, police clearance, driver’s licenses are rendered by the Zimbabwean Embassy in Canada.
The embassy is mostly located in the host country’s capital while the consulates are located in major cities of the country. The current ambassador of Zimbabwe to Canada is Ruth M. Chikwira
Officially, the country is called the republic of Zimbabwe; it is located in African continent precisely in the Southeast Africa. It share borders with South Africa due south, Botswana due west, Zambia due north, and Mozambique due east. Zimbabwe was initially called Southern Rhodesia as at 1898 then Zimbabwe Rhodesia in 1979 and finally republic of Zimbabwe in 1980.
Bantu-speaking ethnic groups are the most dominant with close 98% of the population. The country’s currency is Zimbabwean dollar.
The capital of Zimbabwe is Harare; the country has a population of about 15 million, approximately 85% practicing Christianity. Harare is the largest city, the country has 16 official Languages but English, Shona, and Ndebele are mostly used.
The country is also blessed with numerous natural resources like coal, chromium ore, nickel, copper, iron ore, and vanadium, tin, platinum. The country is also top in the production of lithium, chrysotile asbestos and vermiculite.
If you will be visiting Zimbabwe as a Canadian, here are meals you are likely to come in contact with:
- Maizemeal – Sadza/Itshwala.
- Porridge – Bota/Iyambazi.
- Yellow Watermelon with Sun-Dried Maize – Umxhanxa.
- Peanuts, Maize and Beans Dish – Mutakura/Mangai.
- Yams – Madhumbe/Magogoya
Few facts about Zimbabwe
Zimbabwe is the country where:
- The world’s largest waterfall, Victoria Falls is located.
- The world’s biggest man-made lake is located.
- The King Solomon’s gold mines can be found.
- Tobacco is mostly produced globally.
- We have Large Elephant population
- International credit cards are accepted in most hotels, restaurants and shops. Some banks have ATM machines where visitors can use their international credit cards.
- Travelers Cheques can be cashed at the bank
Note: You need to check with your bank if you can use your ATM card in Zimbabwe.
Address of Zimbabwean Embassy in Canada
The Zimbabwean embassy in Canada is located in the address provided below:
332 Somerset Street West
Canada, K2P 0J9.
Zimbabwean Embassy in Canada Contact Details
Certainly with the following contact details provided below you can easily reach out the Zimbabwean Embassy in Canada.
Tel: (613) 421-2824
Tel: (613) 421-1242
Tel: (613) 421-1239
Fax: (613) 422-7403
Consular Office Email:
Official working hours:
Mon 9 AM – 4 PM
Tue 9 AM – 4 PM
Wed 9 AM – 4 PM
Thur 9 AM – 4 PM
Fri 9 AM – 1 PM
Addresses of Canadian Consular in Zimbabwe
Interestingly the Zimbabweans in Zimbabwe can access the Canadian embassy in Zimbabwe through the address and contact details below:
5 Baines Avenue.
- O. Box 1430. Harare. Zimbabwe.
(+263) 86 7700 8600.
(+263) 86 7700 8624.
Official working hours
Monday to Thursday
07:30 am -04:30pm.
Top six (6) services offered by the Zimbabwean Embassy in Canada
Strategically, the Zimbabwean embassy in Canada ensures the Zimbabweans in Canada and the Canadians are getting the needed help. Find below the top six services amongst the numerous services provided by the embassy.
- Visa services
- Citizenship registration
- Passport services
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Drivers license
- Diaspora Land Applications.
Zimbabwean embassy offer three categories of visa services, the category A countries don’t need visa to enter Zimbabwe. Category B countries don’t need to apply before travelling but must obtain before entry to country but Category C countries needs to pay and obtain visa before entry to Zimbabwe.
In case you are a Canadian planning to travel to Zimbabwe you will have to follow the category B option. The cost of visa at port of entry is $75, to apply online please visit: www.evisa.gov.zw
The Zimbabwean embassy is open for all the Zimbabwean nationals that are living in Canada to register for their citizenship. They need to provide vital documents like their passport, and other vital documents available on request.
Possibly, you might be wondering on how to apply for Passport at Zimbabwean Embassy in Canada when you arrive. Worry not, Zimbabwean Embassy in Canada has simplified the process likewise the requirements, here are the steps below:
- Visit the embassy in person for fingerprint and document authentication.
- Provide your National Identity Card (plastic, metal, or green paper NID with attached photo and printed NID number)
- Provide your Birth Certificate (long version)
- Two (2) passport colour photos (size 3,5 x 4,5 cm) – photo requirements: white background, appearance.
- Marriage Certificate/National Identity Card in married name/Divorce Order/Spouse’s Death Certificate (if applicable).
- Adoption Order (if applicable).
- Proof of Legal Guardianship (if applicable).
- Police report (for lost passport).
The sum of CDN$100 will be required for Passport form and processing.
Furthermore, a child under 18 years applying for passport, Section 5 of the form must be completed by the parent. A legal guardian can also sign Section 5 if he/she can produce documentary proof of guardianship. Also a clear copy of the National ID or valid passport of the parent/legal guardian is required.
If you need a driver’s license conversion or letter of authentication from the Zimbabwean embassy in Canada, follow these steps:
- Firstly you will need to send the original drivers license to the Embassy with a request letter.
- Secondly, you pay a processing fee of CAD$100 to the embassy through cash, money order, bank draft or bank certified cheque
- Thirdly you should attach a courier envelope and include a return prepaid, self addressed courier envelope.
- Wait patiently for a notification from the embassy once it is completed and sent to you.
Diaspora land Applications
Luckily, Zimbabweans living in Canada can acquire lands in Zimbabwe through the Zimbabwean embassy in Canada without necessarily traveling down. As an applicant you go to the embassy to pick the form fill it, attach all relevant documents. The embassy will forward it to Ministry of Lands, Agriculture, Water, and Rural Resettlement in Zimbabwe for further processes.
However, not all land applications received from Zimbabweans in Diaspora are successful but ensure all legal processes are followed and fees are paid. The embassy will definitely notify you of success or otherwise of application as soon as they are contacted.Hollandaise Embassy in Canada
Frequently Asked Questions
How to get job in Zimbabwean Embassy in Canada?
Getting a job in Zimbabwean embassy in Canada is not difficult just be on a look out to when vacancies will published. Check the vacancies and the requirements, if you meet up, apply as instructed then wait for further notification.
Do Zimbabweans need Visa to enter Canada?
Yes, Zimbabweans need visa to visit Canada, the embassy to Canada in Harare, Canada offer such services to intending Zimbabweans.
What are the top paying jobs in Zimbabwe?
The following jobs are the top paying jobs in Zimbabwe with their pay in Zimbabwe dollar.
- Surgeon – Pediatric – 784,000 ZWD.
- Interventionist 669,000 ZWD.
- Naturopathic Physician 620,000 ZWD.
- Neurologist 578,000 ZWD.
- Physician – Pediatric Neonatology 549,000 ZWD.
- Physician – Pediatrics 518,000 ZWD.
- Physician – Emergency Room 497,000 ZWD.
- Physician – Generalist 469,000 ZW
What are the 5 facts about Canada?
- Canada practice monarchy system of government.
- There are two official languages in Canada, they are English and French language.
- Canada is the second largest country 9.98 million square miles.
- Canada has the longest coastline in the world.
- Canada also has the longest international border
The details of the top six services provided by the embassy of Zimbabwean in Canada likewise brief history about Zimbabwe. Hopefully the information provided here will be helpful to you, motivates you to share with friends and family.
You can as well drop comment of your opinion in the box below.